It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 19, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 19, Book 10

FANTASTIC FRIDAY

I love Fridays, and I'm not alone. Most people associate the last day of the workweek with feelings of relief and the anticipation of the weekend to come.

Why should Fridays be any more special than any other day of the week? Why waste six days while waiting to rejoice on the seventh? We waste so much of the life that God has given us and the happiness that can be found in all of our todays.

What if we moved a little of that Friday feeling into our rainy day Mondays, our gloomy Tuesdays and our mid-week Wednesdays? Surely our lives would be much happier as a result. I've done that by celebrating Merry Mondays, Terrific Tuesdays, Wonderful Wednesdays, Thankful Thursdays and Super Saturdays.

For years I worked and I know just how good Fridays felt. Before I worked, I went to school and I always looked forward to Fridays then too. Now every day is just great and I look forward to each one of them. The only thing different here at my house today is that it's the last day of this week that I'll be caring for my youngest grandson.

Everyday, we can choose to continue doing what we love, with and for the people we love, and as the kind of people we love being.

Here are a few simple ways to help add meaning to every day of your life:

Notice kindness in others toward us and look for opportunities to be kind to someone.

Give thanks for something we’re happy to have or forget we have.

Think of someone you love and SMILE big if you will. Show or tell someone you love them.

Witness the beauty all around us, not just in man made art but also in nature, others and in yourself too.

Do something that brings you happiness.

Today is just another special day bursting with potential!

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Ma I always feel that little bit uplifted after reading your blog ~ I hope your Friday is a Fantastic one ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

I'm late, but that is what sleeping is is all about. Now I will open the day to see what it has in store,
Yep, Friday has always had a special meaning, but I am losing that feeling as the retirement progresses.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love Fridays too. Hope yours is wonderful. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I agree with you, Ma, a lot of us are always so glad when Fridays roll around, but we don't realize how much of our life we are wasting away always wishing for Friday. We do need to live each day the best we can and relish each day since our lives are really so short.

knowing you enjoyed your week with Mr. Wonderful!!

betty

Rose said...

After I retired, everyday feels like Friday! Oh, how I remember the feeling of TGIF!

Hugs, Rose