It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 18, Book 10

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Today I'm thankful that I can be happy just because I can. I don't need a reason or a holiday, I just know that being happy is the only way for me to live. SAD days just won't work for me.

I am thankful for the wealth I have accumulated in my life. True riches like family friends and faith just cannot ever be replaced and I am so very grateful that I do have much of all of them in my life..

I'm thankful for the little things...small kindnesses that others have shown me truly are a gift. Just as my DDIL celebrated her birthday last week by gifting all of us a trip of a lifetime too.

I am thankful for all the JOY in my life. A smile shared is a JOY indeed. Remember that when you don't feel like smiling is when a smile is most appreciated.

I am thankful for the harmony that exists in my family. Although we are very different and unique individuals we all support and love each other.

I am thankful for the 'nothing' times in my life. Sometimes the choice of nothing is the wisest decision one can make. Sometimes doing nothing is basked in pleasure and relief. Sometimes nothing is quiet, peaceful and centering.

I am truly thankful for these and all my many blessings. My family, my home, my health are all things that continue light up my life.

I do hope and pray that this Thursday finds you very THANKFUL too.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

MA you do have so many things to be thankful for ~ you have such a wonderful family and it is lovely for us to know you all get along so well ~ Ally x

Hollie said...

Feeling very thankful this morning also!

Debbie said...

I love this post!
I'm thankful for blogging friends like you that lift me up with their joy.
Debbie@houseatthelake

grammy said...

uplifting Thankfulness
What a way for her to celebrate her BD...
by being generous to others (o:

Sybil said...

If I could write as elequantly as you I think I would be writing word for word just what you have written...I have said before there is nothing better to be thankful for than our families.
Love Sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

it is nice to be thankful in all things, small, large, etc and it is always great that you appreciate and know that!! And just think, next week Thanksgiving already!!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful list of thankfulness. I always love reading what others are thankful for. Hugs

jack69 said...

Yes we have accumulated so much to be thankful for. The friends and family collected along the way make life good.
So it is nice to see someone enjoying all the blessing He has given us.
From NC God Bless