It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 17, Book 10

ATTITUDE DETERMINES ATTITUDE

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.

I have responsibilities to fulfill today.

I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don’t have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn’t give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!

Have a Great Day … Unless you have other plans.

Author Unknown


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

It is so wonderful that today we have a fresh start. It's a day with nothing but endless possibilities. You can believe that I'll be looking for those golden moments. Moments that will never return so I'll be making the most of them too.

Living life in the slow lane is just wonderful and those moments are coming more frequently each day. Those SOME DAYS s are now a thing of the past for me. Today and each moment are what is truly important. I used to say that SOME day I'll be doing this or that but now it's TODAY that counts.

I have a lot of young people in my life and I hear them say it regularly...SOME day I'll do that. If only I could convince them that TODAY is what is important and that they should be enjoying each and every moment. If age is what has brought me to this point then I'm happy that I am what I am.

I know I share a lot of things by AUTHOR UNKNOWN here in my blog but UNKNOWN has written some very wonderful things. Someone very special must have put these words together so whoever you are I thank you!

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one!
'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

Angie said...

"Unknown" always has just the right words at just the right time. He's a great guy and SOOOOOO wise. Thanks for sharing. May your days be always what you mean them to be.

jack69 said...

Lovely up beat entry.

We are up beat because we are on the road again in about 15 minutes.
Take care and have a great day!!!~

That corgi :) said...

I think "Unknown" likes to be "unknown". I think all of them like to impart their wise words without seeking any type of glory, know what I mean? I do love the one you put on today, Ma. We really do have the choice on how we live our days with our attitudes. Living with an attitude of gratitude is a good way to start the day!

May it be a good one for you!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

"MA" you have a Wonderful WEDNESDAY ~ I hope whatever you choose to do today it will give you great Happiness ~ Ally x

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful words of wisdom. Hugs

grammy said...

You are always upbeat...and I appreciate that.
there are indeed so many things to rejoice about.
thanks for a good post