It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 15, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 15, Book 10

My face in the mirror
Isn't wrinkled or drawn.
My house isn't dirty,
The cobwebs are gone.

My garden looks lovely
And so does my lawn.
I think I might never
Put my glasses back on.


It is MERRY Monday again! Last week seems like a blur to me. Wednesday evening DD, DDIL#5 and I headed down to DS#1's house. We spent the night so that we could leave early on Thursday morning for the airport so that we could celebrate DDIL#1'S 40th birthday. We left cold Ohio and traveled down to Orlando.

Laughter is America's most important export.

Walt Disney

The sunshine and warmth there was just wonderful. We stayed in a huge super luxurious hotel and saw lots and lots of sights around the area. My first view of the Magic Kingdom castle was very exciting! I've never been there before and have only seen pictures but the real thing is breath taking. The magic of Disney is something to behold for sure.

We spent some wonderful times staying on the hotel grounds too. We were able to put our bathing suits on and bask in the sun by the pool and also spent some relaxing moments in the hot tub there. I cannot remember a time when I've walked so much. We also had a day that we shopped till we literally dropped too!

I've lived a quiet life and have never even had aspirations that I'd be going on a vacation like this. My exciting times are usually the days spent in the peace and quiet of the campground.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Walt Disney

Today it will be back to business as normal. Normal this week means caring for our Mr. Wonderul. I'll be sharing more pictures in the days to come.



Happy MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

LYN said...

best time of the year to do Disney World..it's awful in the summer heat...glad you had a great time in my neck of the woods..:-)

jack69 said...

Glad you had a great time, but when it is a vacation or a visit it is always good to be back home. We spend most of our time just north of Orlando. BUT where ever we are is home.
Take care and have a great week.

Scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like a magical few days. So glad you enjoyed it. Hugs

grammy said...

I had fun looking at the pictures of your trip (o:
So glad you had such a good time.
I have got to go some places I never dreamed i would get to. I am always thankful for those special times.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time ~ you made your trip sound great ~ Happy belated 40th Birthday to your DDIL#1 ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

I think you all managed to do quite a bit in the short time you were down in Orlando!! Love the picture of all of you together! A definite keeper in a spot at your house to remember you fun times!! And equally exciting was coming home and having Mr. Wonderful this week!!

betty

Lainey Laine said...

Thank you Ma for visiting me and leaving such a supportive and kind comment. It helps to share these things.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Disney, I love Disney and Disney World is my most favouritist (made that word up) place in the world! I love it there and I never want to leave when I am there. Its really magical.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Sounds wonderful..I hope to get to go someday. I have never been.
Have fun!

Buttercup said...

Great weekend! I'm always amazed when I travel that I have the opportunity.Never thought growing up that it would be possible. Wishes for a fabulous Friday.