It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 11, Book 10



THANKFUL THURSDAY
The 11th day of the 11th Month

In the USA, it is known as Veterans' Day.

In Canada, it is known as Remembrance Day.

On November 11th, please take a moment to remember those who fought for our freedom and those that continue to fight for it.

May God bless them all.
This Thursday will be the first full day of my GIRLs weekend celebrating DDIL#1's birthday. Our plane will be taking off this morning and by this afternoon I'll be in the land of sunshine and warmth.

Today I'm thankful for the opportunity to get away to some brighter and warmer days. The gloomy weather and short days are already getting me down. I hate to think what this winter is going to bring.

I'm thankful for wonderful family members to celebrate with too. With such a large family, we always have someone's birthday or anniversary on the calendar.

I'm always thankful for my home, food on the table, bills that are paid on time, a car that runs and for my health, which is a big blessing for sure.

I hope your Thursday is one you can be Thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

Have a wonderful fun filled time celebrating. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Hugs

grammy said...

What a great group of gals
have a great time and stay warm
it is 30 here and snowing today (o:

Buttercup said...

Safe travel wishes and have a great time! Happy birthday wishes, too!

That corgi :) said...

beautiful group of women!! Hope you have a great time, Ma! sounds like it will be with a great bunch of ladies and going somewhere warm!

betty