It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 01, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 1, Book 10

Finally, all of you, have unity of spirit, sympathy, love for one another, a tender heart, and a humble mind. Do not repay evil for evil or abuse for abuse; but, on the contrary, repay with a blessing. It is for this that you were called — that you might inherit a blessing.

1 Peter 3:8-9


MERRY Monday / and Drawing the line

Every now and then I find out that something I've taken a stance on, something I think that will never change, something that I think is a constant in my life all of the sudden changes...

When these things change, I've learned to be very flexible. If I don't bend a little, it will hurt a whole lot, so I change. The line that I drew gets erased and a new one forms.

I found out that if your list of non-negotiables is long then you may be making life more difficult than necessary. There are times you need to be willing to give a little to receive greater harmony and good will with those around you.

Making a Monday or any day of the week Merrier is what MERRY Mondays is all about.

I saw this little joke the other day and it gives a very good example of what I'm talking about...

My friend's husband is always telling her that housekeeping would be a snap if only she would organize her time better.

Recently he had a chance to put his theory into practice while his wife was away.

When I popped in one evening to see how he was managing, he crowed, I made a cake and frosted it; washed the kitchen windows; cleaned all the cupboards; scrubbed the kitchen floor, walls, and ceiling; and even had a bath.

I was about to concede that perhaps he was a better manager than his wife, when he added sheepishly, When I was making the chocolate frosting, I forgot to turn off the mixer before taking the beaters out of the bowl, so I had to do all the rest.


Left and right. Yes and no. Blessing and curse.

Life is full of choices as to how we will act and react, and what we will do with that power.

Have a Merry Monday Everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Angie said...

I thank God we have the freedom to choose one thing over another

That corgi :) said...

that was a cute story, Ma! That is true about the list of non-negotiables. I've learned to be more flexible over the years about things but of course not in the matter of who Jesus is and what he does or did for us :) that is one of those non-negotiable types of items I do believe :)

hope you have a very nice Monday!

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

good one. have fun with your sweet grandbabe.

grammy said...

So that line thing...
as long as we stay where God has told us to...
not redraw the line for society...

jack69 said...

Just here to say hi, enjoyed the post but we are in rural Alabama and the signal is shaky.