It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 7, Book 10






It's THANKFUL Thursday!

Autumn says to us to take a break and to look back on the proceeding months with gratitude

Just as people celebrated food harvests since practically the dawn of time, we can take this season to examine our own personal harvests and be thankful for what summer has sprouted

I don’t think it is a coincidence that the world becomes positively awesome and gorgeous as summer slips away. How can one not feel gratitude as the landscape comes alive with color and the oppressive heat gives way to crisp breezes?

I am thankful for this season of Autumn that allows me to slow down. For time to prepare for the holidays


For my family and the good times we were able to enjoy together throughout the summer

For the good food enjoyed by all as gardens produced an abundance of tomatoes, corn, peppers, squash and cucumbers




For the summer morning walks and afternoon dips in the pool

For the gorgeous sunrises and brilliant sunsets


For the birds that delighted me hour by hour as I watched them from my patio



For the birth of yet another grand son. ( The boys do outnumber the girls )
The blessings of summer were many and I know I've missed some important ones, but for these and all my blessings I am truly thankful.



I'm hoping your Thursday is filled with things to be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'- ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Wonderful list! I'm feeling very thankful today also for my many, many blessings God has bestow on me! God is GOOD!

Ally Lifewithally said...

We have so many blessings that we are grateful for ~ thankyou for sharing your blessings with us today ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Too many things to list on my thankfuls. We parallel on a lot of things, I know you are enjoying the little one.
Thankful we are here and well.

From NC,

Debbie said...

Inspiring post! and your pictures are wonderful. God IS good...all the time!
Debbie@houseatthelake

JOHN said...

Hello,I really like your pictures.There so clear,Can I ask you what type of camera you use.I have a cannon G9 And take alot of pictures.But yours are very nice.Stop by soon hank you.HAPPY HARVEST