It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 5, Book 10

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort
Jane Austen


I'm just being cozy today. I am not a happy camper when it gets cold and wet outside so being cozy on the inside is important to me.

Now that the evenings have grown dark and chilly, most people have switched on their central heating, including me. But many are keeping the temperature low to save on fuel bills. Living on my retirement budget is forcing me to be aware of that for sure.

We now have to rely on making the world colourful and warm ourselves. I now have thick throws draped over our sofas ready and waiting to wrap around me when evening arrives and chunky, scented candles add a little more magic and charm.

Oversized mugs filled to the brim with cocoa or warm apple cider are always on hand. And my fleecy pajamas and gowns are ready to keep me snugly and toasty warm at night.

Cooking smells make my hone feel cozier too! There is nothing like bread baking in the oven to make one feel warm. Now that I have more time in my days I'll probably bake more and eat more too.

Autumn is a good season for beginning to live gently.

Today is TERRIFIC Tuesday and here at home I'll be snug as a bug in a rug.

I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one too!

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Same at my house.....throws and cuddles came out over the weekend!!

Enjoy

Angie said...

Dark evenings - I don't like them at all, though the room feels nice and cosy with the curtains closed and the low lamps on.

Ally Lifewithally said...

I do hate the early dark nights ~ but then I love the wood burner and the cosy sofa ~ the home baked bread and the soups which can only really be enjoyed in the Autum ~ Hope your Tuesday is a good one for you ~ Ally x

grammy said...

The thing with baking this time of year...I want to eat it of course...and hubby eats to much. I tend to not bake anymore. Your days are soundind cozy (o:

Joan said...

Power is very expencive this side of the pond too. we have throws too trying to keep the bill within reason. At the moment I am on holdiday as your know and the hotel is a bit too hot or me am I every pleased.lol. Takie care Love Joan

That corgi :) said...

I liked that "autumn is a good season to start living gently". lots of true in that statement indeed.

always good to warm up the house and make something delicious too like bread or other baked goods :)

betty

Missy said...

I want to be at your house lol

Sonya said...

Love your pictures! I love fall!

jack69 said...

We will be right over!!! Want some warm cider! (probably got cinamon also)

Enjoy the snuggles. We are cool, but hope to reach Florida before the real cold stuff arrives.

Joann said...

I warmed up just reading this!! LOL!! I'm not much of a baker, but I do love homemade soups and casseroles to warm us up. = )