It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 3, Book 10

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.

Author Unknown

I've read many things written by Brother Laurence. What a wise man he was. He lived his life as though God was right there beside him in every day life. He spent almost all of his life within the walls of a priory, working in the kitchen

God is every where, even in the simple mundane tasks we do. I don't always remember it and often forget the fact that I really don't live alone. Here at my house I really do have a friend that I can converse with when ever I want.

Sundays are my day of R and R. Sitting on the porch days will not happen much anymore this year. Next year I hope I'll still be around to enjoy it, but meanwhile, I'll be sitting inside a lot.

Sometimes the quiet days spent at home can be busy for me. I start off all my days slowly now but by 10 I'm busy at work. There is lots to do to prepare for the holidays here.

This is my day of rest, so no work allowed. I will be off to church as always. It is a rainy day so I'll be trying to make my own sunshine today!

Morning Prayer

You are ushering in another day
Untouched and freshly new,
So here I come to ask You God
If You'll renew me too?

Forgive the many errors,
That I made yesterday,
And let me try again dear God,
To walk closer in Thy way

But Father, I am well aware
I can't make it on my own.
So take my hand and hold it tight
For I can't walk alone.

You all are in my thoughts and in my prayers.
I hope your Sunday is one filled that good R and R too!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you have a blessed day! It's cool here this morning. It's 54.3 degrees, & I'm loving it!

That corgi :) said...

I like Brother Laurence's approach to life; we need to all remember that indeed! I'm guilty too of forgetting I have the very best of friends to converse with throughout my day. I hope you enjoyed your day of rest today, Ma :)

betty

jack69 said...

Mr Unknown knows a lot of good stuff. I like that.
Hope you had a wonderful Sunday, and head into a great week.