It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 28, Book 10

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God

Philippians 4:6


It's THANKFUL Thursday!

We should truly be thankful for the little things in life. For example, when was the last time you were thankful for a nice breath of air? When was the last time you were thankful that you could breathe?

There are many things that take my breath away. And there are many times I hold my breath too.

On the list below you'll see some little things that I'm thankful for this week

Water, right out of the faucet...pure and fresh

A fridge that is full of food and drinks

Television, which keeps me company on quiet evenings

For the internet, when it works right, that keeps me in touch. This week my connectivity has been very poor.

For a comfy bed with flannel sheets that really feel great on a cold night.

For electricity that provides, light and heat. I've used more this past week as the days are definitely shorter

Where would we be without these little things in life. I know I wouldn't want to do without them.

There is just so much to be thankful for. Big and little.

I hope your Thursday is one that you can be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma



6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks, Ma......your the greatest!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

loved that Scripture, Ma! always good to be thankful for everything!! I know I've stopped and thanked God for eyes to see, nose to smell, ears to hear, etc. and just think in a few short weeks we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving!

betty

grammy said...

I always have fun reading peoples Thankful list.
It certainly helps me look at my life and what I am Thankful for. No snow for Halloween (o:
My two oldest granddaughters were here last night and we had a great time crafting and going to the pumpkin patch. I love to do that.

jack69 said...

There is so much to be thankful for I hope I always remember that, because God is good and we are showered by his blessings.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat as always a lovely entry ~ We do have so many things to be thankful for ~ not just today but every single day of the year ~ Ally x

Kathy said...

Thanks for reminding us to be thankful for the little things. So often we tend to complain rather than stop and be grateful for all we do have.