It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 26, Book 10

I feel healthy, I feel happy, I feel Terrific!

Tuesdays can be just as exciting as Saturdays and Sundays.

As October is almost over and November nearly here, I've decided to devote Terrific Tuesdays to some tips for getting ready for the holidays.

The other day I was reminded that this time of year is the best time to pick up Advent Calendars. The kind that have a little door to open every day of December counting down the days till Christmas. I always give one to my grand 'babe's every year and so I went out and sure enough at Big Lots they had then in their card rack. I like to get them there as they are discounted and I have many to buy. Now that I have 14 grandchildren they'll have to share as I am just doing one per family. Still 7 Advent calendars is a lot to buy.

I also found some cute Thanksgiving table favors which I like to give out to each family member at my Thanksgiving table every year. I won't say what they were as I like to surprise my family. They will not only decorate the table but they will be something they can take home with them. They didn't cost much at all but will be a little memento of Thanksgiving.

So there you are my TERRIFIC TWO for Tuesday.

I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat it is great to hear you are so Happy and Healthy ~
I buy those Advent Calendars for my Grandchildren ~ and they love them :O)
Have a Terrific Tuesday ~ Ally x

grammy said...

Do you have them all to your house for Thanksgiving?
Have you tried the dollar store...I know the cards are 2 for $1 at ours...and maybe they have advent calendars (o: I see you got to put one picture up. Such a cute one to boot.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Stay safe....here he weather up there is getting nasty....

Enjoy your Tuesday....

Hollie said...

You always have the best ideas & traditions!

jack69 said...

Thanks, it was a terrific Tuesday. Hope yours was, alllll dayy long!!!

That corgi :) said...

cute idea with the Thanksgiving momento, Ma! And I know kids always enjoy some type of visualization to count down the days to Christmas so I know they will enjoy the Advent calendars! looking forward to other holiday tips on Terrific Tuesdays down the road :)

betty

Kathy said...

Great ideas. I'll have to check out the Big Lots in my town. I can send them to my grandkids and have the favors for Thanksgiving too. Thank you for sharing.