It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 25, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 25, Book 10

This is our little Lucky Guy at our Fall Festival this year.


If we are ever in doubt about what to do, it is a good rule to ask ourselves what we shall wish on the morrow that we had done.

John Lubbock

It's Merry Monday!

I wish I had some great and exciting things to tell you about but the weekend was a quiet one. I got a lot done here but nothing earth shaking or new to tell you about.

Well, I did get up this morning so it will be another great day here. I doubt there will be anything spectacular going on. And I do doubt that anything newsworthy will happen but still I'll be enjoying whatever the day brings and that makes it a MERRY day for me.

I really have no doubts about what I will be doing today. There will be the joyful jobs of laundry, a little cleaning here and there and hopefully lots of crafting going on. I love ordinary days and find them to be some of the best I've ever spent. No drama going on in my life, just lots of peaceful quiet days.

It's hard to believe this is the last week of October. Next week I'll be babysitting for our Mr. Wonderful as his Mom is back to work now. Here I am blessed with another beautiful grandbabe to devote my time and attention too. I had just one short month with our little Lucky guy when he was born, but because he lives too far a way that is all I could help them out with. But Mr. Wonderful lives close by so I'll have the care of him often. I won't have him all the time though as he does have another grandmother who will share caring for him too.

Such as it is, that's the news from my house today. I do hope your day is a MERRY one too!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

LYN said...

sounds like a perfect day to me..just puttering around...

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'm sitting here at work...watching it rain...but, we've still got campers !!

Enjoy Monday...

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat sounds like a perfect day ~ nothing better than doing the laundry, a little cleaning here and there and hopefully you will get plenty of your crafting done ~
I just love to hear about your days however quiet they may be ~
Have fun looking after your beautiful Grandbabe ~ He looks delightful ~ Ally x

Angie said...

Don't you just love days like that? I do - all that time stretching before you to fill however you want. I have always been happy in my own company - but I'm glad when Keith gets home.

That corgi :) said...

Your Lucky Guy looks so happy and content in your arms, Ma! how fantastic you get to share in the care of Mr. Wonderful!! I know you will look forward to those times when he is with you! I think it is awesome that there are grandparents close by that can help the young family like this!!

betty

Hollie said...

Aww, he's so precious! I know you will enjoy every moment with him!

jack69 said...

Good shot of the lucky guy with the lucky Grandma!!!!
Sometimes a day is better with nothing to report.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

sounds like my kind of day.
Your lucky has really grown!
Very handsome boy.