It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 24, Book 10

Blessing of God's Seasons

We know we must pass
through the seasons God sends,
Content in the knowledge
that everything ends.
And Oh, what a blessing
to know there are reasons
And to find that our souls
must too, have their seasons
Bounteous seasons and barron ones too,
times for rejoicing and times to be blue
But meeting these seasons of dark desolation
with the strength that is born of anticipation
Comes from knowing that every season of sadness
will surely be followed by a springtime of gladness

Helen Steiner Rice

Sunday R and R Day!
Some weeks are so full of things that the weekend and Sunday rest is needed. It seems that every week I feel that way. Without my Sunday R & R I wouldn't be quite so ready for a new week to begin.

We've been blessed with a little warmer weather but also some clouds and chances of rain here. If I had my rathers, I rather have the sun and cool days than warmer with rain days. I'm not the one in charge of that, thank the good Lord. I'd probably make a mess of things if I were. There truly is a reason for the seasons.

Our news has been talking about how blessed we are to see the leaves fall. I think they said that only 8 % of our world gets that opportunity. And they also said that 81% was water so that certainly gives us lots of food for thought.

I was told by a notice on blogger yesterday that I had exceeded the amount of pictures I could use so today I'm going to try again, but if you don't see anymore pictures from me that will be why. I don't know if it was for real or just a fluke.

I'm off to church as always this morning. It's Mission Sunday in our church and many across the world today. Tis a day to celebrate and pray. I'll be remembering all of you in my prayers too in a special way today.

I hope your Sunday is blessed with lots of that wonderful R and R that we all need.
'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat "MA" I hope your Sunday is a blessed one ~ and I do belive that Autumn is my favourite time of the year ~ Ally x

grammy said...

We have beautiful color here this year! I am thankful for the leaves (oL Falling. Tracking in the house I could do without. You may have to start a new blog address and start all over with pictures.

That corgi :) said...

that was interesting about 8% of the world with leaves falling, but I guess if you think of deserts, etc, it does make sense. We don't get the dramatic colors that you guys do with leaves, but lots of trees here are starting to lose their leaves

Missions are always so interesting to hear about as God's word is being advanced through this world :)

hope your Sunday is a glorious one Ma!

betty

DB said...

Thank you for that blessing, Ma. We all need it.
DB

jack69 said...

Glad you got some R&R. Yep some weeks call for it.

Hope you had a great day, we did, but I needed the R&R also!!

Take care!