It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 22, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 22, Book 10




May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!
Irish
Blessing


It's FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

Many of these WISHES are not just wishful thinking and many of them are within our reach.

I wish I were big enough to honestly admit all my shortcomings.

I wish I was tall enough to tower above all negativity.

I wish I was strong enough to treasure love.

I wish I could believe that I am making a difference.

I wish I was brave enough to welcome criticism.

I wish I was compassionate enough to understand people's limitations and human frailties.

I wish I was wise enough to know how precious my blessings are.

I wish I was humble enoughto admit when I've made a mistake.

I wish I was human enough to forgive someone who has hurt me.

I wish I was enthusiastic enough to get the really important things done each day.

I wish I could pray for those who need some help today.



I've been stocking up for the cold days ahead. You know I'm going to be doing a lot of hibernating here at my house when it's cold outside this year.

I found a some sales this week when I went shopping so I thought I'd share them with you today. October is pasta month and one of my favorite stores Aldi's always seems to follow through with special dates as they had loads of pasta right inside the front door


I also visited Home Depot and stocked up on furnace filters. I always change them once a month as it improves your heating considerably.


Then at JoAnn Fabrics I found that the yarn I like for making my friendship shawls was on sale too so I got enough to make at least 5 more. I did give away the one I made to a friend for her birthday so the next one I make is for me. After that I'll be making more for either Christmas or more than likely birthday gifts.


I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one, I know it will be one here at my house as Mr. Wonderful is coming to visit.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Beautiful colors !!....can't wait to see pictures of the shawls....

Enjoy

Rose said...

I love reading your blogs and viewing your photos. You always put a new Header on that is fabulous!

Stocking up for the winter was a great share.

Hugs, Rose

grammy said...

You are set with the pasta
we do not have an Aldies
I need to see a friendship shawl .. great colors

Ally Lifewithally said...

The wool looks lovely and colourful ~ I bet your shawls are beautiful ~ hope your Friday is a Fantastic one ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

good for you finishing that shawl, Ma, bet your friend loved it!! The other yarn looks very colorful too!! I liked your list of "wishes"; those are easily attainable if we "work" a bit on them I do believe!!

our weather is cooling down finally so I'm thinking of pasta meals myself in the next few weeks; yum!

enjoy the weekend

betty

jack69 said...

Looks like you are about ready for the long winter's nap I mean work. LOL
Take care and enjoy the weekend at home.