It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 21, Book 10


Hang in there!

That's what we're often told when times get tough.


There is nothing easy about holding on to faith when all the feelings are gone. There is nothing easy about faith. But faith will take us where the feelings can’t. Faith will see us through all this world throws at us.

Faith will be what helps us survive a broken heart, overcome disappointment, and tackle the impossible

Be persistent in your determination to live life to the fullest!

Bits and Pieces from one of my daily meditations...

It's Thankful Thursday today and one of the things that I'm very thankful for is my faith. To believe that there is one much more mightier and powerful than me is such a blessing. When things get impossible, He takes much better care of problems than I could ever do.

This week I'm thankful for the blessings of having a nice warm home to hibernate in during
the cold days ahead.

Hibernating is something I'm really going to be doing as much as possible this year. I no longer have to get out on the roads before daylight and slip and slide my way to work when it's icy and cold out.

I'm thankful for the hugs and smiles that are sent and given by family and friends. Their caring and kindnesses just fill me with a warmth that won't go away when cold winds blow.

I'm thankful for my health and the joy of each new day.

I'm thankful for the fading but brilliant colors of fall. Too soon my part of the world will be quite bleak and dreary.

I'm thankful for the opportunities that come with each moment...I'm blessed not to know the future but what I've seen of the past only renews my belief that each one will be full of joy.

This Thursday is another busy day here at home, a little laundry, a little painting, a little while to relax and many things to pray about too.


I hope your your day is a THANKFUL one and that you too can count your many blessings

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I know you are thankful that you don't have to get out in the cold to go to work. Much less drive on those roads. I'm happy for you!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Yes....yes....yes....Life is Good!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

I just don't know what people do if they don't have faith, how they get through the difficulties of life. I have to believe there is a purpose for things and Someone who is in control and knows what is best. Otherwise, I think this world would just be so depressing to live in.

I think you have a great place to hibernate in, Ma, and many wonderful things to keep you busy through the days ahead!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thankyou for a lovely read ~ we do have such a lot to be thankful for ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Beautiful flower shots.
Probably a great idea to hybernate up there in the cold, one slip, and sometimes we suffer a long time.
We hope to be SOUTH before the COLD hits here!

jack69 said...

Beautiful flower shots.
Probably a great idea to hybernate up there in the cold, one slip, and sometimes we suffer a long time.
We hope to be SOUTH before the COLD hits here!

Debbie said...

Such a wonderful post! So many things to be thankful for in my life too.
Bless you!
Debbie@houseatthelake