It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 20, Book 10


Every day is a gift! Before you get out of bed in the morning or even open your eyes, think of three things you are grateful for before your mind starts to think about your daily to-do list.

Ah…what a wonderful way to start a new day


It's WONDERFUL Wednesday!


Here are some Tips I found to be very useful for ensuring a more WONDERFUL day:

Nourish your mind and spirit on a continuous basis by feeding your mind with inspirational books/CDs.

Lighten-up and laugh more often.

Reach out to someone without being asked or expecting something in return.

Give a compliment to someone to whom you may have never complimented before.

Take a baby step or a giant step towards one of your goals and celebrate. Every step counts!

Practice patience and understanding. Just count to 10 or pause before reacting.

Take a break, even if only for 10 minutes and do something special for yourself.

Make a list of at least 5 things you are grateful for today.


I am celebrating the fact that Christmas Prep has begun. I've paints and brushes ready and my painting surfaces prepared ...let the fun begin!

I do hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one.

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

peggy said...

I like it that just as soon as you finished cleaning the camper, you started something new. That makes it easier to give up one thing you like and go on to another. Happy Wednesday.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the ten minute break idea....!!

Enjoy

Hollie said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I know it will be beautiful...as always!

Hollie said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I know it will be beautiful ....as always!

That corgi :) said...

the mums are gorgeous! well worth the wait! and I'm sure more and more will open in time!!

great idea to think about 3 things I'm grateful for at the start of the day! I like that Ma!

looks like it will be a productive day for you with the start of Christmas preparation!! sounds like a fun project too, whatever it will be :)

enjoy!

betty

grammy said...

Hope to see some of your projects...good advice by the way. Loved that picture of Grandson touching the flowers (o:

jack69 said...

I had a wonderful Wednesday, thank you !
Ahhh a pumpkin with yellow hair.

Love the picture.
take care and thanks.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

good post.
I agree we need to enjoy life and make time for ourselves.