It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 17, Book 10



To touch the heart of someone dear -
though it might sometimes cause a tear
to fall or rest upon the cheek -
'Tis something we all should seek.
For often hearts not touched at all,
start hardening and shrinking small.
And then the time it takes to grow
A loving heart again - is very slow.
For hearts expand as those who care -
extend their love and - let us share
a moment, space or special phrase,
that eases pain on dreary days.
Or simply starts our lips to smile,
and bri
ghtens time for just a while.
The ways and kinds and means of sharing,
it seems to me - are based on caring.
And though we're often worlds apart,
You still ca
n touch my tender heart.
You can make me smile or shed a tear,
And I'll remember you year after year.
YOU "touched" my heart and helped me grow.
Friend, I just thought I'd tell you so.
Author Unknown
Sunday R and R


How great it is to have family and friends to cheer you and warm your heart with their kind loving
words and hugs


As I spent a chilly day closing up the camper yesterday I was reminded that even though the days ahead are going to be cold and dreary I have all those good memories to keep my heart warm inside

The beauty of the countryside will change, but Spring will come again and warm sunny days will return again just as they always do. I can wrap my self in the love of those around me and keep warm till then.

This Sunday I'll be returning to my home church after having been away most of the camping season. I attend a different church on Sundays April through October, but my home church is where I really feel most welcome. I've gone there so many years that it feels like home. I see so many people that I've known for many years and I've missed seeing them too.

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers. And I'm hoping your Sunday is filled with some of that wonderful R and R that is so essential to our lives. Rest, relaxation, restoration and renewal, relief and rebirth.
A good rule going through life is to keep the heart a little softer than the head

Lots of Love and Hugs to you all!

LOLAH!

'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

Hollie said...

I know you are going to miss the camper & allthe wonderful times there!It's 37 here this morning. Brrrr. We had another fire last night & it felt so good. It looks like your mums are about to burst open at any time. What a precious sight there with your child inspecting the mum. He's such a little darling! Have a great day of R & R!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy....enjoy....enjoy...!!
Love the little one....

Kathy said...

What a beautiful post. I love the picture too. Is it one of your grandchildren? So cute. I know it will be nice going back to your home church. The warm welcomes will help to make you feel at home. Now you will have time to complete all the little projects at home that you would otherwise not have time to do at the camper.

That corgi :) said...

the little one is really growing! love his curiousity with the plant and love that the blooms are starting to open!

that was a very sweet poem you shared, Ma; enjoyed reading it

knowing you are having a good R&R Sunday :)

betty

jack69 said...

Beautiful and hope your Sunday is the same.