It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 15, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 15, Book 10

It's FANTASTIC Friday.

One of my cold weather projects here at home is making Friendship Shawls. You can either knit or crochet them. The one I'm presently working on is knitted


They make perfect gifts for family and friends or even for yourself. They remind the wearer that you care about them and this will wrap them up just like a big old hug. Rather than have a bulky cover around you when watching TV you just wrap this soft and cuddly shawl around you. It's a handmade symbol of warmth and love

This is the first of what I hope is many more to come. I'm about halfway through with it now and haven't yet made up my mind if I'll keep it or give it to a friend for a gift. There is a web site called FriendshipShawl.org if you are interested.

It keeps me busy in the evenings when there is not much to do. I'm finding that spending time at home and inside is not easy for me at all, after so many pleasant evenings spent outdoors.

I was to have my final camping weekend this weekend but due to other things going on my family has decided we are winterizing and closing things up on Saturday. No more camping, Boo Hoo....I'm so thankful for the weekend we had last week which was full of wonderfully warm weather and blue skies. It'll be great remembering those days as I try to make it through the winter.

Today will be spent at home and I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but you can be sure I'll be enjoying it.

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Donna said...

Oh, I want to buy one of those shawls! Seriously!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So sorry, mine are not for sale. If I ever become proficient enough I'd gladly make you one. What I do is for pleasure both in the doing and the giving. At the rate I'm proceeding it won't be until next winter that you'd get to enjoy it!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful gift for some lucky friend of yours. I know how it must feel to close up the camper for the winter. Sad, but this winter you won't have to get up and drive into work each day.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Those shawls look lovely and what a wonderful gift for a dear friend ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

I agree that is a wonderful gift for a dear frient ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

that shawl is beautiful, Ma! A lot of work in it!! I will have to look at the pattern and see how difficult it is to make. I bet it will be a well appreciated gift if you decide to go that route as opposed to keeping it yourself.

You have had wonderful memories from camping this past season! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us too, it was fun to go camping every weekend that you did and hear about your adventures :)

betty

Together We Save said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend... that shawl is amazing!

jack69 said...

Sorry you are winterizing, but the spring will be coming and the place will welcome you back.

knitting or crocheting is something I admire. You folks amaze me that can do that stuff.