It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 13, Book 10




It's WONDERFUL Wednesday!

Here we are mid October already. The leaves are supposed to be at their height here this weekend. It's a wonderful time of year. October skies seem bluer than they were in the summer or maybe it's just the brilliant color of the leaves that make it so.



It's a time when I spend more time in the house than outside and I find lots to do here too. My good neighbor dropped off a stack of books for me yesterday so I have plenty of reading to do. She is a avid reader too and passes them over to me now and then. There are two Debbie Macomber books - One Night and Orchard Valley Brides and For All Their Lives by Fern Micheals and also one by Janet Daly called Santa in Montana. These will be light reading and most of the time that is what I enjoy.



One of my favorite snacks this time of year is Candy Corn and salted peanuts. I found it in a bag at the store last year and sure enough they had it again this year. Sweet and salty is a nice mixture.

Today I will be finishing up my laundry which I barely got started on yesterday. I did get the camper stuff put away so that is a good thing. This weekend I'll bring home lots more to store away.


Wonder of wonders, I had thought that this house plant was just about dead, but look at the little buds coming out on it. Like the mums it's not bloomed yet, but I'll take a picture to show when it does.

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one!

'On Ya'-ma

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

those look like great books to read, Ma! I like Debbie Macomber's books and you are right, light reading. Interesting mix with the candy corn and peanuts, I'll have to see if we have that combination here at the stores

I bet it is really neat to see the leaves changing, bright and colorful I bet; enjoy!

betty

jack69 said...

Never thought of mixing the peanuts and candy corn sounds like a great complimenting taste.
Been busy, good entry.