It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 12, Book 10


Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One person gets only a week’s value out of a year while another person gets a full year’s value out of a week.


Charles Richards

It's a TERRIFIC Tuesday here at my house today. I've found that in between waking and sleeping there are golden moments in every day. Days go by much too quickly and if we don't look for those special unique moments in our lives, they'll be gone before we know it. What you keep your focus on most of the time tends to expand in your life

Today brings new possibilities. Today brings new choices. Today brings new hope. Today brings the ability to appreciate where you’ve been, where you are now, and where you are going. It is up to you to treasure the gifts of today or put them aside and wait for tomorrow.

Having a 'to do' list and a plan for what I want to get done helps me to stay focused each day. The days at home will be busy ones and I have much I want to accomplish before the holidays are upon us.

Today my focus is going to be on getting things put away that I brought home from the camper this past weekend. My home away from home will soon be closing up for the season and as I always have winter visitors I don't leave anything there that might get damaged.

This coming weekend I'll be bringing home even more things. My car will only hold so much so it takes two trips to do it all. I do tend to take a lot of stuff there as after all it is my 2nd home and I want things there that make me comfortable and cozy too.

Last year I didn't put things away in very good order. I dumped things in the basement and in the attic as I brought them home and then I couldn't find things when it came time to take them back. So this year I'm going to try and do much better.

So because I have a plan and am going to stick to it, today will be a TERRIFIC one. If something should happen, which very often it does, that messes up my plan, it's not going to hurt a thing because I've learned to be flexible. I know that the list will still be there and eventually my tasks at hand will get done. As long as I do what is needed when it is needed that is just fine.

Truly the only time we have for sure, is right now and it is the most important moment of our lives.

If we take care of the moments,
the years will take care of themselves.

Maria Edgeworth

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday every one!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your work plan.....!!

Angie said...

I'm sure you work even harder nw than when you went out to work, Do you miss it?

That corgi :) said...

I can't believe the camping season is already winding down and almost over. good plan to get things organized so you will be ready for next year's, Ma :)

betyt

Hollie said...

Sounds like a great plan to me. I know it's sad that your camping season is over. I sure have enjoyed sharing it with you. Thank you for that!