It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 11, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 11, Book 10




Mistakes are a natural part of growing up. They're to be expected and made light of. But children bloom like spring flowers under praise. They want so much to be noticed and appreciated, to excel and have that excellence noticed.

Earl Nightingale

IT'S MERRY MONDAY!

One thing I know for sure is that the children in my f
amily and also those of our friends sure did make this past weekend more enjoyable than it would have been with out them. Everyone one of them is appreciated and I think they know that by the attention and praise that they do receive.

It's been my privilege these past few years to camp with some of my family and also some friends that are just the nicest people you would ever want to know. All of them are caring and generous without fault. Always helping out when needed and sharing what they have. Laughter and smiles being on the top of the list.
It's true though that no matter where you go people love praise and attention. It always makes a body feel better if they know someone appreciates them.

The mums still haven't bloomed. The buds are getting bigger so I'm thinking anyway now they burst into bloom and be just beautiful. Regardless, these cute little pumpkin faces with their green hair still make me SMILE

I hope your Monday is a MERRY one!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

MA, what a beautiful family you have, and your words touched me deeply this morning. I sometimes forget to encourage those around me, when I do not feel encouraged myself. Maybe one is connected to the other? Thanks, MA!
Our mums are on the bloom here in IA. And they are just beautiful!
Sharon

jack69 said...

Looks like a great time out doors and yes kids (and all of us) like to know we are appreciated.

Camping brings out the best in most folk.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the pumpkins with the green hair!!

Enjoy your Monday....

Ally Lifewithally said...

Your family and friends sound like wonderful people ~ I loved the picture ~ hope your Monday is a Very MERRY one ~ Ally x

Sybil said...

what fun you all seem to have at the weekends. You are so lucky to be surrounded by friends and family..I know that you know that as well!! Long may it last.
Have a lovely week,
love Sybilx

That corgi :) said...

what a special weekend that was, Ma, to be surrounded by those you love and little ones to make it so much more enjoyably fun! so neat you have a great support system and friendships at the camp ground! I know those memories carry you through the cold of winter. How exciting that the mum plant has blooms on it! any day now!!

thanks for the anniversary wishes :)

betty

Hollie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I think the pumpkin mums are gorgeous! Curious to know what color they will be!

Kathy said...

Looks like it's still fairly warm out since everyone is in short sleeves. Hope the warm weather holds out a bit longer for you.