It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 01, 2010

Chapter 10, Page 1, Book 10


The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on

Emily Dickinson

It's FANTASTIC Friday!

I've always love the poem above and often post it this time of year. The colors of fall are brilliant and do remind me of a celebration. Every tree seems to have a different color in it's leaves. Some are yellow, some are orange and some are red.

The older I get the more I like bright colors. Bright colors create energy, positive thoughts of pleasure and good humor. There is a good reason that fairgrounds and festivals use bright colors such as reds, yellows, oranges, bright blues and vibrant green hues.

The colorful fall foliage does its best to brighten our days and lighten our life. This season is all about bright cheerful colors that are cozy and comforting.

Listen! the wind is rising,
and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings,
now for October eves!

Humbert Wolfe

We had a partly sunny day here yesterday. It was around 70 degrees and it was comfortable being outside until evening then the wind picked up here and it was quite chilly. It gets dark so early now that I don't stay outside at night much except when the babes are here to make campfires and then I usually sit up chatting with them till late.

Today should be more of the same so I plan on sitting in whatever sunny spots I can find and just enjoy the warmth. Some people are still having summer time where they live but believe me it is fall here. It looks like fall and it feels like fall.

I hope your Friday is filled with lots of FANTASTIC things. I know mine will be.

'On Ya'-ma



6 comments:

Kathy said...

Although I love the fall season, it is sad to see summer fade away. Early nightfall and chillier nights. But the colors are glorious aren't they?

That corgi :) said...

hope we do get to see some mums soon, Ma; in the meantime, love your new blog header. fall does bring so many bright colors, indeed! I actually like a bit of a chill in the air in the mornings and evenings, it can be refreshing. I hope you get to soak in a lot of sun today, Ma. enjoy the day :)

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

I always look forward to the "Fall" I love the colours of the trees and the red of the Ivy climbing the Walls ~ But I do not like the nights drawing in as it gets dark so early in the day ~ Roll on Spring :O) ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Listen! the wind is rising,
and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings,
now for October eves!


Humbert Wolfe

I know just what he is saying. We are in the wind here in Arley.
Just to say Hi, we are on a short leaash with this internet connection. LOve.

Debbie said...

Love your post...I had a hard time leaving summer go...but am really enjoying Autumn.
Have a great weekend.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Angie said...

If the central heating came free, summer's demise wouldn't really bother me! Mostly, springtime's promise has given way to a tired jadedness and we're ready for a new season.