It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 9, Book 10

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.

If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, you are among the top 80 percent of the worlds wealthy.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful , you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

Author Unknown


It's THANKFUL Thursday!

I don't think there was or ever will be a time I couldn't find something to be thankful for and this week is certainly no exception.

I'm thankful for my family and friends,

For my health and that of my family too

For the wonderful smells of cinnamon and apples that remind me of fall

For a good book to read on a cool evening

For the opportunity to spend time with my grandchildren

For cooler days.

For this summer which was filled with many happy times

And of course I'm always thankful for another new day. Waking up to a quiet morning and a good cup of coffee is always a blessing. I try to smile more than I frown and I laugh a lot. Mostly at myself.

Being thankful is one habit I'm glad I formed. It just wouldn't be right at all if I didn't take some time out to count the many blessings that come my way.

I hope that your Thursday is filled with many things to be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

love the smell of cinnamon and apples (especially on an apple pie :)

we are sooooo blessed! always good to be thankful for what we have!

hope your Thursday is especially at great one! would love to hear sometimes what you enjoy reading, always looking for new authors

betty

grammy said...

Thanks!!
for all the thankful reminders (o:
I am Thankful tomorrow is FRIDAY and my day off
and a zillion other things

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

wonderful things to be thankful for.

Hollie said...

You are so right! There's soooo many things to be thankful for. I love the smell of cinnamon & apples. It reminds me of Fall also.

jack69 said...

Yes, I truly believe youa re one thankful lady, ma. It is good to know thankful folk. WE need more folk who are thankful for what God has allowed us to enjoy.

From Pocatello, Idaho
Sherry & Jack

And thankful to be here!

jack69 said...

Yes, I truly believe youa re one thankful lady, ma. It is good to know thankful folk. WE need more folk who are thankful for what God has allowed us to enjoy.

From Pocatello, Idaho
Sherry & Jack

And thankful to be here!

Rose said...

Yes, it is a thankful Thursday. Your Blogs always remind me to be thankful for what I have..........thank you for that!

Hugs,Rose

Jenny said...

What a lovely photo of autumn you have at the top of your blog. Have a good day.
Jenny <><