It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 8, Book 10

The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Every thing around our house is looking a little dried up and forlorn. One thing that is still blooming away though is my wonderful rose bush. It doesn't seem to mind at all that we've had little rain and high temps for well over a month now.

Today is much cooler and it will be that way for the rest of the week too. Still we've had little rain. But I know those days will come, they always do. Maybe I'm like those forlorn looking plants, maybe I've seen one season too many. I'm determined though to be more like my roses and endure the days as they come and keep on blooming.

One of the benefits of being a grand'ma' is school fun raisers. Our Prince Charming recently presented me with an order sheet for Fall flowers. They have pumpkin shaped pots with Mums in them. I just had to order two of them and will show pictures when I get them. They said the Mums were good to plant outside too after the blooming ends so I should be to enjoy them again next year. I've been wanting to get some anyway and now I have my chance.

Youth is like spring, an over praised season more remarkable for biting winds than genial breezes. Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits

Samuel Butler

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one. I am off to see our little Mr. Wonderful today so I know mine will be just that -- WONDERFUL.

'ON YA' - ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your day!!

That corgi :) said...

enjoy your day with Mr. Wonderful!!! give him a hug and a kiss from me; can never get enough of those babies!!! love that fundraiser that your other grandson was doing; I can't wait to see what the flowers look like; I think it beats those fund raisers that are wrapping paper (which I always use the cheapest I can get).

hoping your roses continue to bloom as long as they can this season :)

betty

grammy said...

Sounds like a great fund raiser...I am lucky that my 3 girls in school have to take tuns selling....or I would be buying stuff all the time.

jack69 said...

yEAH, TIME FOR SUMMER TO CRAWL BACK IN ITS SHELL.

Fund raisers, but we are not there for the grandkid to bring it to us anymore.
have a great day we are in a new park. Thisone in Pocatello, ID.