It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 7, Book 10

One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love

Sophocles

It's TERRIFIC TUESDAY

I've been seeing a lot about nesting in bloggerville lately.
As the weather gets cold many of us feel the need to nest. Providing a place of beauty, comfort and joy for our family is absolutely indispensable.

It is also so very important to stay emotionally healthy and available for our family. Our attitudes tend to match our environment. We have a natural nesting instinct, and if our nest is out of control, we can become cranky. Being prepared helps us feel secure.

With colder temperatures right around the corner, the time is now to add seasonal warmth and create a space where friends and family will love to gather.

As you know I've been working slowly but surely on that here at my house. I guess it will all be finished by the time the cold weather comes around and I'm indoors more than out.

It is so true that love motivates us to do what we can to provide for those close to us and a loving home is much more than decorations and furnishings. It's warmth comes from the way we treat others that visit or live with us. We can feather our nest with all kinds of things, but love makes it a truly warm welcoming place.

When I think about the years I had with a large family at home, I can remember the smiles and hugs much more than what things looked like around the house. Those things might help, but nothing can replace the love we share.

Love is the only thing that increases twofold every time it is shared

Albert Schweizer


I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one.


'On Ya'-ma


7 comments:

jack69 said...

Great to read the Terrific Tuesday. Wish I could come up with some cute titles. I like yours. and enjoy the upbeat entry.

Love is soooooo important as we get older. Of course it always is, love the picture, but the need for it hits home as we age.
Love from Utah

Kathy said...

I agree. I have been thinking of nesting myself lately. The last week has started to feel like Autumn and I got out my Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin and the smell just makes me think falling leaves, pumpkin pies, apples hmmm I love Fall. Starting to gather my comfort food recipes. Soups, stews and baking too.

grammy said...

Love that picture
your Grandbaby boys have so much hair
so precious...the pic of the two boys in last post was great too. He looks like a big kid...in baby form (o:
I have to stop and think if I have been nesting???

That corgi :) said...

love the picture of father and son! so precious!! I think we can withstand pretty much anything if we have someone we love and someone who loves us in our lives :)

have a good Tuesday, Ma!

betty

Hollie said...

I'm so ready to nest when cooler temps finally arrive & stay! I love fall!

DB said...

Great post Ma. It's nesting time or soon will be for me also. I enjoy the autumn, but I also look forward to the winter. To know that I have a place to go to get in from the cold is a very comfortaing thing. It wasn't always thus. But my solitary life is peaceful and quiet eventhough not full of love.
DB

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

wonderful quote and post.
I am feeling out of sorts, needed this one...