It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 06, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 6, Book 10




Celebrating Merry Monday!

I hope your all are having a grea
t Labor Day!

It's really a day of res
t
for me. My
weekend wa
s packed to the hilt with thing
s to do.


Friday bro
ught rain and colder weather our way


Then Saturday after spending a good share of the day trying to keep warm due to the wind and the chill in the air. I made a hasty exit to home where I spent the night helping out DS#5 and his son, our Mr. Wonderful. DDIL#1's mom made us all these bright orange hats and they we
re appre
ciated
!


Sunday was the baptismal celebra
tion for our little Lucky guy a
nd we received the good news that DDIL#5 was discharged from the hospital so she and our little Mr. Wonderful are now resting safely at home. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes for them!


So today I am resting.


Here is a picture we took of our Lucky guy and Mr. Wonderful on Saturday evening. One is 6 months old and the other 6 days old.

I've been thinking about changing out my closets so that may be something I'll do today. It's time to put away the really summery things and get some
things out for fall.

Fall means a return to treasured pieces we love
to wear. The refreshing break from the heat and cozying up in jeans and a sweater is some of what makes autumn the most-lov
ed
season.

One list I saw said the basics for a fall wardrobe include:

  • Fabrics such corduroy, suede, denim, velvet, cable knit, quilted fabrics, faux fur, wool

  • Colors that are popular for fall are cocoa hues, burgundy, forest green, merlot, aubergine, moss, midnight blue, and ivory

  • Pieces parts/ accessories include turtlenecks, long cardigan sweaters, jeans, pants, scarves and mittens, knee-high boots, long skirts, long-sleeve button-down shirts, blazer, vest, zippered hoodies, tunic, and belts

  • Neutral colors with jewel tone accessories are a favorite of mine. It seems that now I'm older I like something bright to wear. The list above shows many things that are in my wardrobe. But these days I'm down to being comfortable and most of what I wear is casual. Rarely do I have anything that I ever dress up for. I think for many of us the same is true. But it will be fun just wearing something different for a change.

  • I hope you all have a MERRY Monday!

  • 'On Ya'-ma

  • 4 comments:

    Hollie said...

    Oh I'm so glad that Mom is home with Mr. Wonderful! Those precious babies are beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    That corgi :) said...

    so thankful your daughter in law is home with her family!!! glad all is going as well as it can for them! so cute Mr. Lucky and Mr. Wonderful together! I hope they live somewhat close by so they can be best pals growing up!

    I hope it is a restful day for you, Ma. Changing out wardrobes sounds like a good thing to do to put one in a fall mode! Enjoy!

    betty

    Sybil said...

    I am so glad that the baby and Mum are reunited again and all is well. what a lovely photo of you and the two wee ones who would think there was 6 months between them ! what happened to the background colour at the end it changed somehow to a dark colour and was quite hard to read ?
    Hope you have had a lovely day and that you have had anice restful time.
    Love Sybil xx

    jack69 said...

    Nice photo's and good news. Great combo.
    Sherry wishes she coud change out her closet. hahahahahahahaha

    One of the draw backs she has faced and handled in having a four foot closet for all her hanging things.

    Fortunately we seldom hit COLD weather, WE RUN SOUTH!

    From Utah,

    Newer Post Older Post Home