It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 30, Book 10








We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of
our treasures

Thornton Wilder


It's THANKFUL Thursday!

It gives me a great feeling to count my blessings. It's the best way I know to improve my outlook and raise my spirits for sure.

This week I've got the usual things such as family,my good health and that of my family too, my friends, my home, my car, and even my camper, but I also have some not so usual things to be thankful for too


I'm thankful for the warmth of the sunshine on a cold day

The back door
bangs shut!
September gust

Mike Garofalo


I'm thankful for a closet full of clothing to keep the chill off.


I'm thankful for apples, fall colors, and the rain we finally got


I'm thankful for the roses that are still blooming. The friend that gave that little plant to me long ago had no idea then just how big and beautiful that bush would grow.


I'm thankful for starry nights and campfires glowing bright

I'm thankful for for these and all my many many blessings too numerous to count. Thank you Lord!


Thank you too for taking time to read my list today. I do hope your day is one to be THANKFUL for too!

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?

William A. Ward

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Yes, "Thank you Lord for all your blessings."

We all have to be reminded at times. We humans forget so easily.

Midlife Mom said...

Another wonderful post, you inspire me so and I am thankful for that! Sometimes when I am praying I ask the Lord for forgiveness for not being thankful enough for all the good things He has done for me. It's good to be reminded of all we have when most of the rest of the world is hungry and cold!!!! GREAT POST! xoxxo

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great one, Ma....
Thanks

That corgi :) said...

I like all your list of thankfuls, Ma, especially the ones we take for granted, beauty of flowers, the taste of an apple, the warmth of the sun etc.

hoping Thursday is a good one for you!

betty

Barbara said...

Great to stop and count our blessings.Lovely sunset picture and great apples pic.

grammy said...

i had to stop and say a few thank yous
i want to have a heart conscious of my treasures
we did not get to have a campfire while we were up at the campground last weekend because of fire danger.... i miss them.
i liked the cartoons on the last post.