It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 29, Book 10


Most of us would be upset if we were accused of being silly, yet it comes from the old English word seilig and its literal definition is to be blessed, happy, healthy and prosperous.

Zig Ziglar


On this WONDERFUL Wednesday, I'm taking time out to be silly today. Taking life too seriously tends to get me down at times. The silly things we do does lighten the load. Making someone laugh can definitely brighten their day and put them in a great mood. and giving off feelings of laughter is also contagious.

A friend of mine always looks for silly things in the newspaper and then shares them. I always enjoy those bits and pieces because they are silly and make me SMILE. Laughter is the best medicine they say and I like to get my daily dose.
I can't live a day without having a good laugh. This is one wonderful antidote to a wounded soul. Life is indeed short so why waste my precious time sulking

A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable

Billy Graham


Thinking silly is about taking serious stuff and being not so serious with it. Try to find the funnier, lighthearted side of what you're observing and think like a kid.

I'm starting my day with a SMILE or two, I hope you can too.

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya' - ma

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

just loved those Maxine cartoons! Always so funny she is!! I didn't realize where the word "silly" came from and its meaning. I like it! I think we all need to laugh more and smile more indeed!

enjoy your "silly" Wednesday Ma!

betty

Angie said...

I love this post Ma. I was at a funeral last week and the grieving widow was a little tearful, as you might expect. Her 4 year old great grandson piped up " Don't be sad Grannie. Jesus came from Heaven and gave grandad a lift back becuse they didn't have a long enough ladder."

jack69 said...

Thanks for the laughs.
Maxine catches a lot of truths.
From Tupelo, Mississippi
Birth place of Elvis.