It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 27, Book 10

IT'S MERRY MONDAY!

Reaching for Happiness

Know that. . . .

You can't be all things to all people.
You can't do all things at once.
You can't do all things equally well.
You can't do all things better than everyone else.
You are human like everyone else.

So. . . .

Find out who you are, and be that.
Decide what comes first, and do that.
Discover your strengths, and use them.
Learn not to compete with others,
because no one else is in the contest of being you.

Then you'll have. . . .

Learned to accept your uniqueness.
Learned to set priorities and make decisions.
Learned to live with your limitations.
Learned to give yourself the respect that is due.
And you'll be a most vital mortal.

Dare To Believe. . . .

You're are a wonderful, unique person.
You're a once-in-all-history event.
That it's more than a right to be who you are.
That life is not a problem to solve,
but a gift to cherish.
And you'll be able to stay one up
on anything that tries to get you down.

Author Unknown

I hope your weekend was a good one and that you are ready for a new week. Fall weather really blew in here and made for some chilly days and nights for us. More and more my days will now be spent indoors doing things at home.

This fall and winter are going to be a new experience for me. It will be the first ones I'll have living in the Land of the Poor but Happy. I'll have lots of time this year to prepare for the holidays which is something I'm looking forward to.

When you are working and trying to get it all done, it seems you're so tired that you can hardly enjoy it all. Of course I do move slower now and it takes longer to get things done, so maybe it'll all be relative.

Today is my day to clean a little and get my laundry done. I enjoy having Monday's at home to do it in. Even doing house work is a pleasure when you have the whole day to do it in.

Maybe your Monday will take you off to work or maybe you are like me at home. Whatever you're doing try to have a MERRY Monday too.

'On Ya'-ma


9 comments:

Kathy said...

That is excellent advice! I find myself always trying to be the best at everything and it's good to know it's ok that I am not. I hope your week is a good one and you complete all that you plan to.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks Ma....i'll try!!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

good advice to learn to live within your limitations. I like that; I'm always trying to accomplish a million things at one time, need to slow down and realize I can't and shouldn't expect to get it all done at one time.

I bet it will be more joyful to prepare for the holidays this year, Ma! At least it will be at the pace you decide to set for yourself and you won't have to depend on a work schedule to try to work around

enjoy Monday!

betty

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry! Thanks! It's been cooler here today! It's 78 @ the moment!

Ally Lifewithally said...

I always like to think I can do a lot of things at once ~ but I know I cannot ~ but I do try to do my best at whatever I try to do ~ Ally x

grammy said...

We have been having some 90's so it is hard to think of being stuck in the house with cold weather. Maybe it will be a warm winter here (o: even up in the high country it was hot this weekend.
Like your advise as usual (o:

Midlife Mom said...

Great post! I think we so many times expect so much of ourselves, everything we do to be perfect and that's just not the way it is. We need to enjoy things even if they aren't perfect. Again, great post! Thanks!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Good post. I enjoyed it.
I too have been working at home all day. Mondays are busy.

jack69 said...

That mr. Unknown sure knows what he is talking about!!
Enjoy your time inside.
From Oklahoma
Sherry & jack