It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 23, Book 10


Thank you, God, for the fall season. A time that we can be thankful for so many things. Thank you, God, for your love, and the joy that your love brings.

Amen




I promised to show you some pictures of the Mums I purchased from our Prince Charming's school fund raiser. The two shown are here at the camp site. I have one more at home on the front porch. I'll get a picture of that next week for you. As you can see they are loaded with buds but no blooms yet. They are supposed to be different colors. I guess I'll find out when they finally burst forth.

Today is Thankful Thursday so I thought I'd list some of the things about Fall that I'm thankful for.

Fall makes me feel all warm and cozy and brings a genuine smile to my face. Fall is just so comforting, the way it wraps around you like a big, comfy blanket, filling your lungs with crisp air, sprinkled with warm tones of cinnamon, nutmeg and other delicious aromas

Long, crisp walks
pumpkin spice lattes
Hot apple cider
CANDY CORN
Fall clothes
fall festivals
apples
pumpkins
colorful leaves



Just look around and see the wonderful things that happens around us and be thankful for all those blessing you do have as you celebrate fall

'On Ya'-ma

l

6 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Yummy Pumpkin Spiced Latte? I have never heard of that MA!! I'm going to have to try it. I am thankful for this fall, as I ease into it. Perhaps reading your blog has made me more thankful for alot of things. Bless you Sweet Friend,
Sharon

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh yes, and I love your mums!!! And your scarecrow!

Hollie said...

Seems like you covered Fall well! That's how I feel about it also. Love the mums! Gotta get me some!

Jenny said...

I love Mums but sadly one of your photos didn't show. I bet they will look gorgeous when they bloom.
Jenny <><

Ally Lifewithally said...

Those Mums are going to be beautiful when they bloom ~ Love the scarecrow ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures of when the mums bloom; I bet it will be absolutely gorgeous! I liked all the things you were thankful for about fall, Ma! I like the chill in the morning and evening air and hot apple cider myself :)

betty