It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 22, Book 10

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfies
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
the grey smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all,
Flowers in the summer
Fires in the fall!

Robert Louis Stevenson

Happy Fall Y'All!

I was a bit confused abut exactly when fall started as one of my calendars said the 23rd but it really does begin this evening (the 22nd) about 10:09 p..m our time.

It is time to do some leaf peeping. To take time to witness the leaves turning brilliant colors and notice the golds, russets, and browns and to for a walk and take in the clean, crisp autumn air.

As I walk down the path leading through the our campground, I realized that life is like the seasons we live through. It is like the changing seasons always changing too. Life is meant for enjoying each new day, it is meant for loving those you meet along the way.
Your family and your friends and can be compared to a changing tree with brightly colored leaves. In autumn when the leaves start changing colors, they will fall, until the branches have released them all.
Take time to enjoy creation. God designed it for you and me

Autumn is a season followed immediately by looking forward to Spring

Anonymous


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Hollie said...

I love the changing colors of the leaves also. They are so beautiful! I wish we would start hav ing fall temps here. Still in the 90s during the day & 60s at night.

Angie said...

I've noticed how fast the leaves start to fall once you notice they're turning!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA!! What a beautiful post, so thoughtful and so true.I am enjoying looking at all of the leaves beginning to turn here, not much, just a very few. I really love seeing all of the squirrels hurrying up the oak tree for acorns and the hurrying back down to bury them in my lawn. Thank you Mr. Squirrel!!! Their very busy! Fall is not so bad after all!!
Hugs MA.
Sharon

That corgi :) said...

never equated life and seasons, Ma, but that is so true, we do have periods of summer warmth (joy), winter cold (hardships), spring (hope), fall (change). Right now it is 8:28 p.m. my time, so I can officially wish you a happy fall!!

betty