It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 2, Book 10






30 Days has September!

Here we are at summer's end and like the old rhyme says there will just be 30 of those days left. Really we only have 29 as today is September 2nd already. Each season since I've retired has been very exciting and new to me as in the past I've spent most of my days working at a job behind a desk.

Now I no longer do that so it makes for a really different kind of life style for me. This past spring and summer really flew by and it seems I was busy every moment of them too. But I am a fair weather girl and after September we are usually inundated with colder weather and rain until late November and then we often get snow mixed in just for fun.

So these 29 days left of what I hope will be full of lots of fine weather I'm going to see what I can do to make each day a little more enjoyable. Yesterday just for fun I started pulling out some fall decorations.


This pumpkin has served as a nice centerpiece on the dining room table for a number of years now and it still looks pretty good so I'll be using it again this year




And although they are silk flowers, I think they add a lot of color so I use them every fall too



I put this little sign on the top of my entertainment center


Here is another basket of silk fall flowers that I'll be using


I put these little pumpkin vines around the mirror by my entry way in the front room



And here I wrapped a rope of pumpkins and leaves over the top of the corner hutch in the dining room

I've plenty more things I could get out to decorate with but that is enough for now. We've had such hot days lately it really is hard to believe fall is near.

I didn't forget that today is THANKFUL Thursday. This is the day I always list my blessings for the week.

This week I am really THANKFUL for fact that my new grand'babe' arrived and that both he and his mom are doing well.

For this and all my many blessings I am so truly THANKFUL.

I hope your Thursday is one that you can be thankful for too!

'On Ya'- ma

7 comments:

Angie said...

I was so happy to hear your latest grandbaby arrived safe and sound. I bet I know where you'll be this weekend!

I always feela bit deflated when we get launched kicking and screaming into the cold seasons. I wonder if Australia would have us for the next 6 months?

Kathy said...

Your decorations look so nice. They give me the feeling that fall is here and I start to want to get some apples and bake a pie. I love the smell of baking in the fall.....

grammy said...

My Mom use to say that rhyme all the time
to bad I never learned it (o:
That makes me want to decorate...the girls asked why I still have upEaster decorations.... I said that is NOT Easter.... just summery birds in colorful buckets. Really it is not Easter stuff, but I guess I have to put new stuff out.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

There is something about the month of September....not summer ...but....not yet fall...i think it maybe my favorite month....plus it's my birthday month.....yeah!!!

Enjoy

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

love fall. your decorations put me in a decorating mood.
it is still in 90's here.

jack69 said...

Beautiful pictures of your handy work. It seem like fall is setting in here too. They have already had the dusting on the higher elevations.
Take care.
From Utah

That corgi :) said...

I love all your fall decorations, Ma. It is hard to imagine that summer is almost over, indeed. For us, we didn't get our hot weather until the past couple weeks so it seems like we had a perpetually long spring/short summer. Already though, as you know, the it gets dark earlier in the evening.

I think it will be different for you this year with the cold weather because you won't have to go out in it if you don't want to, instead of having to when you were working, so it might be more of a cozier experience this year, who knows? right? but of course you'll find out :)

so glad new baby/mom are doing well :)

betty