It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 19, Book 10


This handsome fellow often frequents our back yard every year. Yesterday was the first time we have actually seen him this year. Mantises have two grasping, spiked forelegs and this is what makes them look like they are praying. I read up on them and found that they usually mate in the autumn and that is why we are seeing them now. It may be a she, I really don't know. One thing I do know is that they are a natural pest control. They eat other insects.

I've always heard that it is good luck to have them in your garden. That must be because they keep your garden pest free.

Like the praying mantises that we have, I'll be praying for you all today. Sunday is always my day of R and R and this one is no different. I had a busy Saturday and am ready to get that wonderful rest and relaxation in.

R and R is a term first used by the military to stand for rest and rehabilitation. Most soldiers benefit from the rehabilitative process of mixing with civilians, and taking a break from the tense conditions that serving in the armed forces sometimes engenders.

For those not in the military, R and R is often used to refer to taking a vacation or participating in something fun.

So I do hope that whether you are rehabilitating or relaxing it is a wonderful Sunday for you!

'On Ya'- ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'm working this weekend...so my R&R will happen on Mon & Tues.....

Enjoy your day....

Hollie said...

I hope you have a wonderful day of R & R!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Mat R and R be yours today ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Hope you too, have a wonderful and restful Sunday.

Take care and keep us in your prayers!

LOve from New Mexico.

That corgi :) said...

took me a moment to find the preying mantis; but it is a beauty indeed! we had a brown one in our back yard the other day; didn't realize they were associated with good luck, Koda stepped on it :(

hope you had a nice R&R day!

betty

Buttercup said...

Praying friends are the best. Keeping my prayer list with me all the time. It makes some long subway rides much more pleasant. Hugs and prayers for the week ahead.