It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 18, Book 10




Oktoberfest takes place during the last two weeks of September and can be celebrated just about anywhere

With a little German polka music and soft pretzels with sweet mustard you can create the ambience of a typical German beer tent. I'm not much of a beer drinker but I do love bratwurst and sauerkraut and soft pretzels just can't be beat.



Well I just happened to take a trip to Aldi's yesterday and guess what met me just inside the front door.

Lots and lots of German made foods. So I bought them and will be having a little fest right here at home this week. I found my bratwurst, sauerkraut, pretzels, sweet mustard and even spatzle noodles.

There is German on both sides of our family. My DDH's great grandfather came from Germany and some of my ancestors on my Mom's side of the family were also German. I'm a mixed heritage for sure. At least 7 or 8 different European countries make up my roots

.

I put a little info in my other blog On the Bright Side about Octoberfest today so I won't go into a lot of detail about that but my grocery finds were so SUPER that I had to let you all know about it. If you have an Aldi's store you might want to have and Octoberfest too.

It is SUPER Saturday after all!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

We love bratwurst & sauerkraut! I recently noticed an Aldi in Douglasville. I've never been in one & was wondering if it would be worth the trip over to Douglasville to go. Have a great day!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning MA! Boy, your menu looks wonderful! I'm going to have to try those pretzel crackers too, they look delish!
Have a wonderful time!
Hugs~Sharon

Angie said...

We have 2 Aldi stores in our town. Being a German company they do have a good choice of German foodstuffs. Tell you what I was just thinking this morning, how Kale has all of a sudden become 'fashionable' to eat over here and yet in the early 80's when my German friend spent a year with us she had to bring it back from Germany with her after she'd been home for Christmas, along with bratwurst and pinkel sausages. Delicious, and yet in our market the greengrocer laughed when I tried to buy some"It's only for feeding sheep" he said.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Set a place for me....sounds like fun!!

Enjoy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hope your weekend is a good one for you ~ I often shop at Aldi they do have some good bargains ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

what a great idea to have your Oktoberfest celebration!! bratwurst and sauerkraut is always sooo good!! (getting hungry just thinking of it :)

It is that time of year, isn't it? Hard to believe since this year has flown by.

enjoy your feast!!

betty

JeanJournal said...

HI MA~~I CHECK OUT YOUR WEBSITE FIRST WHEN I GET ON THE INTERNET...A GREAT WAY TO "FEEL" THE LOVE OF GOD AND YOUR DAILY LIFE IS SO INSPIRING!...I WANT TO BE LIKE YOU...Imogene(Jean) Owita Lewis~78~LAST MAY 15TH (ROME GEORGIA GIRL IN CALHOUN)

jack69 said...

For me? It is a good pretzel and mustard. I had my first when I was in my forties!!!!
Love from
Arizona.

Linda said...

My favorite!! Bratwurst and sauerkraut! I'm coming over for some, hope you don't mind! Linda