It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 14, Book 10

Life has taught me that a smile is the number one feature that makes people attractive. It's a welcome mat. It's what makes folks approachable. People with a great smiles radiate a warmth that draws others to them instantly

I often look at my life as segments, as chapters in the story that I'm living out day after day. You can see at the top of my entry that today is Chapter 9, Page 14, in Book 10. As I write new chapters in my life through my words and deeds and actions and reactions, I really do have a choice as to how I want the new chapter to proceed and I always remind myself that this chapter, too, shall come to an end.

Page 14 is beginning to look like great reading. It is going to be a day that I'll be spending with my newest grandchild and that of course means there will be lots of SMILES included in it. I can not help but feel happy when I'm holding a baby.

I've heard that a little baby really doesn't smile, that what appears as one is often just a gas bubble. But you know I've seen him frown when he is unhappy so why wouldn't he be able to smile? His little face can show so many different expressions. I can tell by looking at him if he is content or upset.

We adults are just like that too, only we often try not to show some of the feelings we have. We don't always know just what another person is feeling. In many ways it would be great if we all stayed like a little baby and shared our true feelings.

That is what I try to do on each page of my book .

Today is going to be a TERRIFIC Tuesday, I hope you choose to have one too!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I know you are going to have a great day with the grand babe! I agree with you about a baby smiling. Enjoy the smiles today
:0)

That corgi :) said...

love reading all the pages of your book as you share you live and your wisdom with us, Ma! what a great Tuesday you have ahead of you. I do agree there is no greater joy and happiness than holding a baby!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

I agree about the smile being number one ~ it is so nice when a stranger smiles at you in a crowded store ~ I always enjoy reading about your life ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

I think a great smile shows the real you!

Kris said...

I love that quote. Funny how here in NYC when someone is seen walking down the street smiling everyone thinks that they are nuts. Shame!