It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 13, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 13, Book 10

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities

Dr. Seuss

Very often when I do my journal entries I listen to the radio or turn on a morning show on TV. I like the easy going banter that the people always seem to have. They go from one subject to the other and I often find myself SMILING. It's a good way to wake up with my morning cup of coffee. I don't want to watch or listen much to the news parts of their shows as much as I like hearing about the other brighter side of life.

I don't do well at all with waking up and dashing around in the morning. I have to take it slow and easy and little by little it seems my brain cells do come alive and I'm ready to function again. When I used to work, I'd give myself a full hour for just that. A little prayer time, a little inspiration from one of my daily mediations and a smile or two sure does help to get me pointed in the right direction.

Believe me some days I need more direction than others. Now that I'm not working things haven't changed much but my hour has increased to more than an hour and very often it's 2 or 3.

You may not like Mondays, but they are one-seventh of your life

I hope that you can find a smile or two to start off your day and have a MERRY Monday!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Hollie said...

It takes me while to wake up also. It's nice & cool here this morning....60 degrees at the moment. I love it!!!

That corgi :) said...

I'm one of those up and out of the bed type of people but I like a few hours to get things done before I start work too; like you did before you stopped working. I like some "me" time before I got to "punch the clock" so to speak.

hope you have a good day today Ma!

(and my work computer thankfully is just fine; just son's computer can't get on the internet, I have a separate computer that the company provides for work so it is only used for work :)

betty

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh, I have always loved Mondays. When I worked I couldn't wait to get back to my job.

I have disliked only a few of my jobs, most I loved.

Life I love, Sometimes like Seuss, life gives the nonsense that will wake up out minds.

Nonsense is good sometimes, but not as good as your Blog.

grammy said...

I get up and get going...just because I like to sleep till I have to get up...lazy bones (o: ME