It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 11, Book 10

September morn
Do you remember how we danced that night away
Two lovers playing scenes from some romantic play
September morning still can make me feel this way

Neil Diamond and Gilbert Becaud

This is SUPER Saturday.

September 11th has a very special meaning for me and always will. 45 years ago today, I was doing some major celebrating. I married the love of my life and for me life has never been the same. It was a wonderful marriage. We were truly soul mates and maybe that's why even after all these years since his death I've never found anyone that could replace him.

Sometimes we are blessed with a love that never ends, and that is the way it is for me. We had our ups and downs as do most but there were definitely more ups than downs and the memories I keep close to my heart all good ones.

So today I will remember with joy all those years we had together. I will remember the things we did together and I will think about how great it was. Some memories are worth reliving in our minds. Time for me passes on and I'm getting old but in my heart I'm still that bride of long ago with the love of my life right by my side.

The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall


Autumn Leaves, Lyrics by Johnny Mercer and Jacques Prévert

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Ma, what a dear sweet tribute to your long and lasting love! I heard Betty White say, (she never remarried), "When you've had the best, who needs the rest?" God Bless you Ma on this day of memories.
Hugs~Sharon

jack69 said...

Beautiful Ma. I wish he were still here for you to hold.

But we can remember. I know you will always hold that love.

From Idaho

grammy said...

What a great thing to remember...
It is good to have this good thing today
now I will think of it as a happy day for you (o:

Rose said...

From Widow to Widow, I truly understand and I toast to both of your today on your anniversary!

Hugs, Rose

Joann said...

That's Beautiful, Ma!! You were blessed to find your soul mate... believe me, it WAS truly a blessing. Some of us were left off of that blessing list, but I guess God remembers us in other ways. = )

Keep those beautiful memories with you always!!

That corgi :) said...

beautiful tribute to your husband and your love for each other, Ma!! I'm sorry he isn't here to celebrate the "golden years" with you, but it is nice to know you too have that everlasting love and promise for eternity :)

betty