It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 10, 2010

Chapter 9, Page 10, Book 10

To those who see with loving eyes, life is beautiful. To those who speak with tender voices, life is peaceful . To those who help with gentle hands, life is full. And to those who care with compassionate hearts, life is good beyond all measure.

Author Unknown


It's a FANTASTIC Friday here in my part of the great old world. I've been leading a very peaceful life since retirement. My days are no longer hectic and stressful. But PEACE is still something that I have to work at now and then.

Loving life as I do, I cannot imagine why anyone would choose to live otherwise. There is just so little time that each of us has to live and to waste a day of life by choosing not to love, laugh and enjoy the gifts we have is beyond my way of thinking.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of 911 and it's also a special day in my family. My wedding anniversary was September 11th, and my oldest son and his wife also choose that date for their wedding. So tomorrow I'll be devoting my entry to Love and the blessings of life.

The memories of 911 will remain with us forever. May we never forget.

Love is the one treasure that multiplies by division. It is the one gift that grows bigger the more you take from it. It is the one business in which it pays to be an absolute spendthrift. You can give it away, throw it away, empty your pockets, shake the basket, turn the glass upside down, and tomorrow you will have more than ever.

Author Unknown

It is my wish for you this FANTASTIC Friday that you to can turn your thoughts toward peace and the miracles that can occur with love in our hearts.


'On Ya'-ma



4 comments:

peggy said...

It seems so long ago and yet it seems like only yesterday at the same time. I try to do something simple but thoughtful to remember, being thankful and hoping for that peace you talked about. I have a pot of soup with garden stuff going, my grandmother called it last-of-the-garden. Have a nice weekend, y'all.

That corgi :) said...

that was neat that your son got married on your/husband's anniversary! we did the same thing with getting married on hubby's parents' anniversary. I look forward to reading your entry on love tomorrow; I think we should never forget the evenings of 09/11/01 but at the same time we should look for ways to honor their memories by how we live our lives, including and definitely living a life of love! I know several organizations here are organizing a food drive for the local food banks for tomorrow :)

betty

jack69 said...

Good entry. September must be agood month for love. Sherry and I were married on Sept 22.

Take care and I know you will remember tomorrow.
From idaho

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

thank you. wonderful post.