It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 15, Book 10

This is a picture of DDIL#5 at the Baby Shower yesterday.

R AND R SUNDAY

A day to truly celebrate. In my trivia for today I found that today is really Relaxation Day is a day to kick back and do nothing. Ahhhh! What a great day.

The stresses, the hustle and bustle seemingly consumes us, every day of the year. Even Sundays are no longer days of rest and relaxation. There never seems to be a day to just kick back and relax. For those with a hectic lifestyle, Relaxation Day is a day to look forward to. It provides a break from the madness of your busy work and personal schedule. Todays is the day to enjoy either doing absolutely nothing, or partaking in your favorite relaxation activity.

Top Ten ideas to enjoy on Relaxation Day:

Do nothing today

Go to a Spa

Go fishing

Play a round of golf(caution: not always relaxing)

Lounge around in a hammock

Take a bubble bath

Spend the day at the beach

Go to the movies

Do a little gardening (no heavy duty work, though)

Have a picnic in the park

My Sundays are all pretty much days to relax. I take time to enjoy my good cup of coffee, then get ready for church. Going off to church is something that refreshes me each week so without fail I try to always do that.

After church I usually enjoy a late breakfast (brunch) and weather permitting that is usually outdoors.

Of course being out doors is always relaxing to me. There will be winter days ahead that I'll be snug as a bug inside but during the nice weather months there is just no better place to be.

I usually spend the afternoon reading. I might have a good novel to read or I might read my Bible study lesson but either way it is relaxing.

By evening time I'm ready to just enjoy the sunset . I'm blessed with one of the most wonderful views here at the camper. At home due to living in town I don't get to see it.

I hope you can find a way to celebrate RELAXATION Day! You'll be very glad you did!

As always you are all in my thoughts and prayers!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thanks Pam for a lovely read ~ your relaxation day sounds wonderful ~ Sundays are not what they used to be if you go into the City all the shops are open ~ Not like a Sunday at all ~ Loved the picture of your DIL at her Baby Shower ~ Ally x

grammy said...

Reading has been so relaxing to me lately (o:
That was a great post about kids and your craft
kids
that's why I have not been posting much lately
well.....school is almost here so they will be busy... then I will have more time that I want...oh wait...then I will have daycare kids (o: oh well

Rose said...

I'm enjoying a relazing Sunday too.

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

Ahhhh yes a relaxing read. That is R&R to me.

Enjoy reading What's new at your House. No body ever invites me to a shower! (Been told I need one at times, LOL)
From St. Joe