It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 8, Book 10

WORDS TO LIVE BY

When you hear a kind word spoken about a friend, tell her so.

Don’t work for recognition, but do work worthy of recognition.

Start the standing ovation at the end of school plays.

When someone lets you down, don’t give up on him.

What you do today is getting you closer to where you want to be
tomorrow.

Nothing important was ever achieved without someone’s taking a chance.

When a friend is in need, help him without his having to ask.

When someone gives you something, never say, “You shouldn’t have.”

Remember that cruel words deeply hurt.

Remember that loving words quickly heal.

Seek respect rather than popularity.

Seek quality rather than luxury.

Never be too busy to meet someone new.

Don’t let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know you were
meant to do.

To help your children turn out well, spend twice as much time
and half the money.

Remember that life’s most treasured moments often come unannounced.

Be willing to accept a temporary inconvenience for a permanent
improvement.

Protect your enthusiasm from the negativity of others.

Remember, it’s not your job to get people to like you; it’s your
job to like people.

Rebuild a broken relationship.

WORDS are so important. I write them down every day and always try to take care to share only the best words that I can find. Words can do so much. They can either make or break someone's day, so I choose carefully what I want to say

I've seen a lot of people that have developed the bad habit of always thinking negatively and so their words reflect what they are thinking. I never want to be like that. It's not always easy, but if I work at it I can choose what I'm thinking about too.

Sundays are my day of rest and relaxation. I know you think most of my days are like that anyway, but really I do still do some work now and then even though I no longer go off to work. We all still need that precious time to renew and refresh and get our lives back in balance.

The great thing is that we don't even need a full 24 hours in which to do this, a five minute break will sometimes do just as well.

Thinking of good things, talking about only good things, writing about the good in your life goes along way to restoring peace of mind and well being.

As always on a Sunday, I'm off to church this morning and will be remembering all of you in my thoughts and prayers today

Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment
Benjamin Franklin

My Word for you this Sunday - REST

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Jan said...

I think there is such alot of wisdom on this page ,I will rest now ,I have been sewing and preparing dinner all morning ,so where is my book ,have a lovely day ...love Jan xx

Hollie said...

A wonderful entry as always & so true! I hope you have a restful & relaxing day!

Buttercup said...

Hope you had a wonderful relaxing day. I spent the day with a dear friend, chatting, laughter and lots of walking. Great, great day of relaxation. Wishes for a wonderful week. Always so glad when you come and visit.

jack69 said...

Sunday is a good day to relax and contimplate Words to live by.

However for the last two Sundays we have traveled. last night at the campground the tentcamper beside us must have gotten nearly blown away by the prairie winds. They were gone when I was forced out to put in the small awnings. The winds and rains were horrific.
But the day turned out great and the trip was wonder ful.
From Missouri