It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 7, Book 10




Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough
Anonymous

It is SUPER Saturday again!

Most of my Saturdays now are spent at the camp site and not much work is done here at all no matter what day it is. I love my little camper and its simplicity. Sad to say it is probably better than some homes people live in. It has a micro wave, hot and cold running water a tv and a refrigerator/freezer. I have air conditioning and I have heat. The furniture is limited to a bed a table with bench seats and a couch, but really I rarely spend much time indoors other than to sleep.

I come here to enjoy the outdoors and you'll find me in
one of my comfy chairs on the deck most days. I really don't get a lot of exercise here except when we go swimming. I do enjoy that. In the evenings I'm usually sitting around a campfire enjoying lots of good conversation with the nicest people. My daughter makes great popcorn which we all love and sometimes we roast marshmallows and make Smores.
The cost is minimal and for what I pay in a yearly fee to park my camper here is less than what most people spend on a few days vacation. You all know that now I've retired I'm on a permanent vacation so what I have here is what I can afford and I do so enjoy it.

It's a simple life but a great one.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

Albert Einstein

I do hope your Saturday is simply SUPER one

'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

Hollie said...

Sounds a like a simply wonderful place to be!!!

Kathy said...

Ah..........the good life!

Rose said...

The simple life is so enchanting!

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

Great life, I love the camp fire. The smell of burning wood in the open air, ahhhhhh just relaxes.
We are tired just returned from the House on The Rock.

Jenny said...

I do envy you your camper, i could enjoy that life. Have a good Sunday.
Jenny <><

Joann said...

Sounds like a DREAM lifestyle to me!!! I can't WAIT to retire!!! = ) I've always said that I definitely do NOT belong in the city... I think I would have enjoyed a MUCH simpler life.