It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 06, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 6, Book 10

It's a FANTASTIC day because it's Friday!

I always like to think that if I'm going to do something, I should be enjoying it!

This weekend I find myself alone (that is with out any of my children around) camping. I knew ahead of time that they probably wouldn't be here so I packed up lots of things to keep me busy. There are also other people here that I know so I'm not really alone here in the woods at all.

If I had my rathers...I'd rather be here with family, but still it is better than sitting at home so through the nice weather I come here every week. I figure I've only got so many days of nice weather left this year so I'm going to enjoy them while I can.

I thought we were going to get some rain last evening as out of the blue the wind picked up and a few sprinkles fell but that was it. So many people are having terrible heat waves, but for us here in Ohio, we've got another reprieve. They say we'll be in the lower 80's through the weekend and that is just FANTASTIC. It's the kind of weather here that lets you sit out on the deck with a good cup of coffee in the morning and enjoy it. Not too cold or not to hot...just right.

I hope you are blessed with a FANTASTIC Friday too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Nasty...nasty weather here last night....temps are still in the 90's....horrible t-storms and 2 people hit by lighten on Grandfater Mountain.....yuck!!
Enjoy your beautiful weekend....!!

Heather said...

Makes me want to come join you for the weekend, Ma! Sounds idyllic! It's been beautiful here in the North GA mountains... hot but still bearable except in the late afternoons. Everything is green and fragrant! Enjoy your weekend!

*hugs*
heather

Hollie said...

Enjoy your weekend at the camper. I'm sorry the family won't be there though. SOunds like nice weather indeed. It's still so hot & dry here! I sure am ready fall!

Hollie said...

Enjoy your weekend at the camper. I'm sorry the family won't be there though. SOunds like nice weather indeed. It's still so hot & dry here! I sure am ready fall!

jack69 said...

I know you are happy no matter the situation.
Just being at the cmpground will brighten up most things.

We are at a small campground in Spring Green, Wisconsin.
Love from us to you!!!!

Sybil said...

Knowing you Ma your days will be filled with something or other...your slate painting looks great, you are so clever...We are thankfully still having smmer weather mind you our temps are around 70 deg. and we think thats lovely and warm !!! Actually here in Box we have been extreemly lucky as there seems to have been rain all around us but stops short of Box !! in fact I drove through real torrential rain one day last week on way back from hospital but it stopped almost as soon as I got into the village !!
Love Sybil xx