It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 5, Book 10


For all that has been - Thanks!
To all that shall be - Yes!"


Dag Hamm
arskjold


CELEBRATING THANKFUL THURSDAY

Gratitude helps us to shift negative thoughts to positive ones, and positive thoughts prevent negative emotions.

Grateful people, according to scientific research, recover more quickly from illness, cope better with stress, and benefit in greater physical health. There is always something to be grateful for in life.

It’s not always easy to be thankful, especially during hard times, but by practicing gratitude we focus our thoughts on what is working in life and this can help us to make positive changes.

HERE IS THIS WEEKS LIST

Friends. There is no way I could survive without them. Love you guys!

Family. We have our ups and downs, but they really are my foundation.

Health. I'm a pretty healthy girl and I'm so happy about that.

Acceptance. I'm so thankful to those who accept me for who I am.

Sunshine. I don't see too much of it today, but I love when the sun's shining.

Smiles. I love giving them and getting them.

Hope. Sometimes it's hard to find, but it's always there, waiting to lift me up

Positivity. Look for the good in everything and you will find it.

Inspiration. There's nothing quite like coming across something that inspires you

Good News. We all know there's a lot of bad news out there, so it's great to hear the good stuff.

Joy. It's something that is all around us -- we just have to look for it.

Time. I've already spent a pretty good amount of time being me, and I'm thankful for that

Gratitude. Without it, I don't think I would be nearly as happy as I am right now

Focusing on the present – because that’s where we are, it really is where we should be

I hope that today you'll join me and take time to list all the things you are thankful for in your life.

Happy Thursday all!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA!
Sending you a smile today, blessings of abundant joy, and inspiration riding in on a star! Hugs friend, Sharon

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks ....for the reminder....
Enjoy

Hollie said...

I'm enjoying thankful Thursday with ya! So thankful for my many, many blessings!

Rose said...

Your Post made today (Thursday) a lovely one!

Thank You!

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

Thankful for a beautiful wife and a great life. For family and for the ability to overcome the sadness that tries to creep in.

Thanks for being able to know a prayer of serenity.
Love from Wisconsin!