It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 29, Book 10

Work with what you’ve got.

As this past week was a little busier than what I've been used to this summer, I'm ready for my day of R & R this Sunday.

I really noticed how laid back and easy my life has become when I visited my son's house for two days. He had asked that I care for their son when he had to go in for a hernia repair. Babies are full of energy and only when they are sleeping do they stop doing.

I love the chances I have to help out, but I do feel the effects of it too. I could only stay a few days but even at that, my energy level was zapped. I'm just thankful that I could do what I could.

I'm not old compared to some but I am older than I used to be and won't be getting any younger for sure.

The drive there and back took more energy than I wanted to give. Traveling on high speed roads with lots of traffic is not my cup of tea at all. If they lived any further away than they do, I'd likely not be able to do it at all.

It's too bad that for the most part, my children live far away.

So here I am resting on this Sunday and am appreciating it too. I can only do what I can do and with what I have....

Part of my Sunday rest is always a precious hour spent in church. It renews me more than I can say. As always you all will be in my thoughts and in my prayers today. Praying is one thing I can still do and that I'll always have the energy for.

I hope your Sunday includes some of that wonderful R and R too.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like that, Ma, work with what you've got. Glad you have the chance to rest up today after the week's activities. I know I find myself enjoying just hanging around the house on Sundays to recharge for the new week ahead myself. enjoy your R&R :)

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

hope you enjoy a relaxed and blessed Sunday ~ Ally x

Buttercup said...

Had a wonderful weekend with friends and am now catching up with my blog buddies. Hope to carry the relaxation of the weekend into the week. You are in my prayers, too!

grammy said...

oh my they do take it out of you (as in me too)
I hate to drive and refuse to drive in traffic
the kids make fun of me....but oh well (o:

jack69 said...

Yes it is good to help, and also good to refresh. I do not like the busy high speed wasy either. That is why I love to drive in the West, the traffic is lighter.
Love ya, from Colorado, to Utah in the morning.