It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 28, Book 10

You gave me words of kindness
tied with a ribbon of gold,
hearing them was important
to heal my heart and soul.

Your gift of words made a difference
when I was down and blue,
questioning why I bother,
doing what I do.

Life can be a challenge
sometimes it seems unfair,
but when I was tired and struggling
it helped that you were there.

What can I give you in return
your friendship is so dear,
please know if you ever need me
I will always be here.

Kind words and time are needed
by people everywhere,
when wrapped with a smile or a hug
they're a gift that says I CARE!

Author Unknown


For almost 7 years now I've been journaling/blogging. I started this blog in July of 2005 and was journaling on AOL for a good while before that. I always kept a handwritten journal before, but I don't bother to do that any more.

Sometimes, I write about family events and other times I just write about a topic that seems meaningful to my life. Whatever I put down each day is something that pertains to What is New at My House... I had hoped to be better at keeping connected with my family when I started. With so many of them far from home it was easier writing things down each day than to try and remember what had happened since the last time I talked to them.

None of the people that comment on my blog are family members. Some seem like it though. I've met a wonderful world of new friends and I sure do appreciate them. So today I'm just doing a little 'THANK YOU' note to all who take the time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated.


I do hope all you do have a SUPER Saturday.

'On Ya'-ma




8 comments:

jack69 said...

You must be up at the crack of dawn each day. Today I could not sleep in. We always enjoy your blog and consider you a friend. We are becoming short timers here at the USAF Academy RV Park.
Leaving for Moab, Utah Monday morning.
Take care I loved the Poem.
Sherry & Jack

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning Sunshine! MA, your Roses are too Yummy!! How do you do that?
What a beautiful poem, thanks for that.
Have a wonderful weekend Friend, Hugs~Sharon

Kathy said...

You always have something in your blog that brightens my day. I always come away with words of wisdom and kindness and something to think about. Thank you for your blog and please don't ever stop.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Beautiful poem ~ Hope you weekend is a good one ~ Ally x

Rose said...

I too love our second family here with our blogger friends.

Your blog always puts a smile on my face.

Hugs,Rose

Lucy said...

I think this is great. Thank you for being my friend for a qhite a while now. Stay as well as possible and take care of that lady.

Lucy said...

Take good care of that special lady and I know you will.

That corgi :) said...

that poem was very nice, Ma! I do think we make great connections and friendships with people online and I do consider you a dear friend! I hope it is a nice Saturday for you and yours!

betty