It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 26, Book 10

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for

Epicurus


Too often we get in the habit of wanting more and more. I try to just be thankful for what I have. When we think about what we have to be thankful for it makes us forget about wanting more things.

This week I've got a long list of things to be THANKFUL for as usual. The dear Lord sure does send many blessings my way and for that I'm truly THANKFUL.

For family, friends, my home, my car and safe travels

For my health and that of my family

For the cooler temps we have enjoyed for a few days this week

For my patio and my rocker, where I spend many restful moments

For the blessing of summer days and the memories of them that will linger and carry me through the cold days of winter

For the good wishes and prayers of family and friends that help in times of need

For the internet and the blessings of pictures sent that brighten my day like rays of sunshine

For good teachers and schools

For good doctors and medical facilities

I am so very thankful

I hope your Thursday is one you can be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Rose said...

Every time I read your blogs.....it reminds me to be thankful for all that I have......and that includes you because you are there to remind me!

Hugs, Rose

Hollie said...

What a great list to be Thankful for!

That corgi :) said...

I'm sure you are enjoying many a day and time on your rocker and porch since you retired Ma :) I bet it is very peaceful out there and does give you a good time to sit and ponder life :)

glad it cooled down your way too :)

betty

jack69 said...

Good entry, we try to go through life being thankful.

God is good, but sometimes we forget and take up worrying over things we have no control over.

But I am thankful for health and the cool weather.

LOve from Colorado.

grammy said...

cute school; picture and of course a great thankful list