It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 25, Book 10

Try, try again!


Perseverance overcomes almost everything. When you fall, perseverance tells you to get up. When you’re defeated, perseverance tells you to try again. When you feel like quitting, perseverance doesn’t let you.

It's WONDERFUL Wednesday and here I am trying again to make this day one that can be the best I know how.

This week instead of camping, I'm going to spend a few days at DS#6's. I'm baby sitting while he has what we hope is minor surgery. His wife wants to be at the hospital with him so I get the pleasure of staying with our little LUCKY guy.

You know I don't like driving much but I do love to be with my children and grandchildren so off I'll be going. If there is one of them that needs my help, there is just no way that this grand'ma' would ever say no.

Of course my nice little lap top goes with me so as always I'll make my entries no matter where I am. Home or there or camping it really makes no difference. Most of the time I sure do wish they all lived closer for sure.

Here at home we are all on pins and needles waiting for grand'babe' # 14 to come. DS#5 says the doctor will probably be making a decision on that Monday. Wow...it could be that babe will be born Monday too. Depends on what the doctor decides to do.

It sure gets exciting around my house at times. I prefer the ordinary quiet days with little of nothing going on but when you have had 7 children, that is just not possible.

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment

Oprah Winfrey

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya' - ma


8 comments:

Hollie said...

You are a wonderful Mother & Grandmother for sure. Praying all goes well with your son & new grandbaby! I'm sure you don't have a whole lot of quiet time, but I know you enjoy it when you can. Praying for you safe travels as well!

Sybil said...

Have a lovely few days looking over Lucky...he sure is a lucky lad to have you as his Grandma...
Drive safe,
love Sybil x

That corgi :) said...

Lucky has grown so much since the last picture I saw of him! and look at him trying to get up on his knees! he'll be walking before long!! hope your son's surgery goes well and he makes a quick recovery!

betty

Midlife Mom said...

14 grands! Oh how blessed you are! And another on the way, it doesn't get much better then that does it!?! I get busy with just my two but would have loved to have had more. They tell me 'that ain't going to happen!'lol!

I need my quiet time too, I get going too fast sometimes with all of my volunteer work, church, home, horses, etc so sometimes like today I spent a few hours at the lake all by myself just recharging. I think we all need that. BUT I don't have internet service there!!!! :o(

grammy said...

oh my goodness
babies babies babies
I love babies
how could my youngest be 3???

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

i hope your son's surgery goes well.
I know little lucky will love having you watch him.
The world needs more Mothers and grandmothers like you.
14 grandchildren! What a blessing.
hope the new one makes it safe and sound. There is so many people having babies.
life is precious..

Linda :) said...

How fun spending time with Lucky and a new one arriving any day... Enjoy! :)

jack69 said...

Hope all goes well all the way around.
Enjoy the grands, I know you will.
14!!!!! wow!

Someone has their hands full.

Good entry.
Love from Colorado Springs.