It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 24, Book 10

CELEBRATING TERRIFIC TUESDAY

The only preparation for tomorrow is the right use of today

When we live in future and do not enjoy each day, we find we've wasted a day in which we could have found many joys. I still make plans for the future. It's important to do that, but I don't put off something I can enjoy today because of it either.

There is just no time like the present moment. It took some really hard lessons in my life to learn that, but I did.
We need to make a choice in how we are going to live, how we are going to respond to pressure and how we are going to protect ourselves from things that could rob us from the real joy in living.
One of the beautiful parts of aging has been my ability to let go. I look back and realize how much time I have spent over the years working so hard to be someone I am not. I imagine that most people do that when they are younger. It no longer matters to me if what I'm wearing is in style. I go strictly for comfort these days.
I like to surround myself with people places and things that I love. A good book is always my choice when it comes to whether or not I watch TV. I read anything inspirational that I can get my hands on and have shelves of books and then I have stacks of books that don't have a shelf.
I choose to be with my children and grandchildren as often as I can because they are just about the best company I can find.
I love crafts of all kinds and find it fulfilling to make something and also very rewarding to give away what I make. There were years that I might have thought that what I made wasn't good enough to give as a gift, but then I realized that some people pay good money for something not half as nice.
Remember, each day is a gift

All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today
Dr. Robert H. Schuller.
Of course there are a lot of days that the only company I have is my own too. Today is one of them and it will be a TERRIFIC one anyway. I'll probably be doing laundry, but that too is something I like to do. The smell of fresh clean clothing and good feeling when it's done and put away is a TERRIFIC one. When you find that you can enjoy yourself doing the things you love, it's always a TERRIFIC day.
I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one too!
'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

This is why I love your Blog MA! These things I sometimes forget when I am in a whirlwind...coming here brings me back to a peaceful place..just enjoying now. I love to visit MA and to read your words of wisdom.
Hugs~Sharon

Angie said...

Terrific Tuesday to you too Pam. I agree with you that our lives ought not to hinge upon something that has yet to happen, good or bad. But let's not forget that exquisite anticipation of times like Christmas and birthdays and visits by grandma that we had as kids. I can remember even now the eager anticipation of Santa's visit and wondering why Jesus didn't have a birthday cake!

Linda :) said...

Have a terrific Tuesday!! I'm off to work... :)

jack69 said...

Love your attitude Ma!

Keep it up!

From Colorado Springs, CO

That corgi :) said...

good advice not to live in the future but to enjoy today for what it is, a great gift from God. So many people are thinking "when the economy gets better" "when the kids graduate", "when I get a raise" etc and they lose out on enjoying the time they have today. It is oftentimes a lesson we learn later in life, though, having recently discovered in myself. I too am very content in what I wear for comfort and have no idea what is in or out in fashion these days :)

enjoy your Terrific Tuesday!

betty

grammy said...

lovely words
makes me think every time
I loved the little huts the kids made from tents (o: