It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 21, Book 10

It's time to celebrate SUPER Saturday.

While browsing through some birthday cards in a gift shop recently, I found one that made me laugh. Its message read: You are only young once, but you can be immature forever. That card tickled my funny bone.

There are those that have what I like to call the Peter Pan syndrome. Some will spend big bucks to keep the bloom of youth in their faces and body. Needless to say my body is old. it looks and acts old most days. But in my mind I'm still in Never Never Land.

I love being the age I am, I love being retired and I'm one of the proudest grand'ma's you'll ever know. Those sweet grand'babes' of mine are the sunshine in my life.

You're only as old as you feel. While we can't dodge our next birthday, how we approach life every day can make a big difference
Affection and companionship are the best medicines for the heart. Fabulous friends, great grandchildren, salubrious siblings and nice neighbors keep you involved in life.

It's a great SATURDAY here. Beautiful surroundings and SUPER friends and family are here to make sure it stays that way too.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya' - ma

6 comments:

Rose said...

That was a neat message in the birthday card you found.

Sounds like you are having a great Saturday and enjoying your retirement. Just the way it should be.

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

Yes it is a super Saturday, we made it to Russel, KS Home of Bob Dole.

Take care

Buttercup said...

It's a super Saturday here, too. So enjoying an easy not-rushing-around day. In my mind I sometimes am 20, and of course, am amazed when the world doesn't see the same girl.

That corgi :) said...

I love your description of fabulous friends, great grandchildren, salubrious siblings and nice neighbors! all wonderful things to be thankful for and to enjoy on this super Saturday!! knowing you are enjoying it however you are spending it :)

betty

Missy said...

I'm 25 and already in the mid life crisis stage... I need to take your advice lol.. take care.

Missy

grammy said...

I have been having a great Saturday too. I think I need to go to bed and read (o:
Peter Pan is at our dinner theater
wish I could take all the girls
$$$$