It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chapter 8, Page 19, Book 10

Lord, we honor and love you--no requests today, just praise--from a very thankful heart!

Amen

A Time to beThankful

I always take the time to say THANK YOU on Thursdays. It's one of those things that I do try to do every day but when I take a few moments to write down my blessings, it re-enforces the fact that my blessings far out number any problems in my life.

It's like a refreshing rain shower on a hot sumer day. Basking in the thoughts of all that is soooo good in my life is a blessing in itself.

This week as always I am Thankful for my family, my friends, my good health and theirs too.

But I'm also thankful for so much more.

For butterflies and starlit nights

For SMILES and Hugs

For the beauty of nature all around me

For fresh homemade lemonade that refreshes on a hot summer day

For the roosters that decorate my kitchen that always start my day off with a cheery Rise and Shine

For my good coffee and for a cookie or two to go with it

For golden moments that sparkle like dew drops in the sun

For these and all my blessings I am so truly Thankful!

We all can be thankful for the fact that we can begin with a new day, a new time in our life and maybe a new understanding of life too. It is in our attitude. Our view of life. Our view of situations. It is what makes us who we are. Thankfulness is that way. It may change someone's moment, day, attitude. life. The simple act of giving a thank you, lends itself to happiness and a certain amount of inner joy.

I hope your Thursday is one that you are THANKFUL for too!

LOLAH

'On Ya'-ma

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Thankful that there are still thankful people in this world. Not all news is bad, but some would like for you to think that.
There are many thankful folk in this world.
Love from The East bank of the Missouri